SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hearing about these 2013 deliveries is killing me.

My car was discharged from the port 13 days ago, and it is still MIA. The dealer had 6 other cars on the same boat, and they got them all one and a half days later, but mine is still missing. Dealer thinks perhaps that options I ordered (just about every option including sport appearance package) is holding the car up at the port side Volvo shop because perhaps some parts didn't come from Europe when they should have. I don't know, but they are baffled, and I'm going crazy!

It will be 14 days tomorrow morning since the car was done at the port, and customs had finished with it too.

Does this even sound right to anyone?? Should my dealer be able to find out why the car is MIA? I have tracked it and watched its very move across the Atlantic and into port, and all seems normal, until it didn't show up at the dealer on a truck...

Thanks for any insights!

Paul

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Probably not that unreasonable if they are waiting for parts but the dealer should at least be able to confirm that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They found it! Quality control has had it all this time. I'm not sure if that should make me nervous that quality control needed my car for over two weeks!?

Regardless, I should have my new car on Wednesday or Thursday!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
They found it! Quality control has had it all this time. I'm not sure if that should make me nervous that quality control needed my car for over two weeks!?

Regardless, I should have my new car on Wednesday or Thursday!
Quality Control handles all Port Install's so probably nothing, or it could have had a scratched rim and they had to replace it with a new one. Chances are it wasn't anything major.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts