SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So far my daughter has inflicted the following damage to my brand new 2015.5 XC60 R-Design:

- Dented the driver side door by throwing open my other car's door in the garage
- Stuffed a rock down the window gap and then rolled up the window causing a linear scratch through the glass
- Rested her mouth on the door panel and began biting

Ugh.

·
Banned
784 Posts
I feel your pain man. I've determined it's not worth having a nice family car (we have 4 youngters) My wifes xc90 was mint when she got it, now... the list of things like you just mentioned is too long to list.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:vampire:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have 4 kids total but it's my oldest daughter (5 years old) who is the destructor. I should have known. She is also the only one in the family who likes to take permanent markers to walls.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It will get better. Mine are 8 and 10 and it took almost a year before they caused damage to my S60. My 10 year old threw the door of my wife's Rogue open (admittedly during a downpour) and put a huge, red colored ding in the driver's side rear door. They haven't caused any lasting damage inside, although I'm constantly battling smudges on the windows and dirt on the leather.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have any advice where I can buy a new panel? I checked eBay and there was one from a wreck that looked like it had water stains, and I found a listing of new panels running about $350. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I hope you don't mind me saying, there's no way I'd replace that panel until I'm sure that it won't happen again. In a few months or a year, one may pop up on eBay or you may forget it's there.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
KIDS don't you love them. I always find new things that they didn't mean to do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
I hope you don't mind me saying, there's no way I'd replace that panel until I'm sure that it won't happen again. In a few months or a year, one may pop up on eBay or you may forget it's there.
Have to agree with this, especially if it was a back door panel that I didn't have to look at every day. Prices you found seem about right:

Example:

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1188275&ukey_make=865&ukey_model=11983&modelYear=2015&ukey_category=7883&ukey_driveLine=11328

·
Registered
187 Posts
I look at my sofa and furniture and think this is why we can't have nice things. Like others have posted, leave it because later on you will feel better that you didn't because there is more....

The inside of my 15 XC 60 is typically some sort of experiment with different spots and blobs of various textures. I sometimes think I should call the CDC, A Vet, or Scully and Mulder.

My S60 is clean though...

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Oh, it may never end for you my friend. My daughter is 17 years older than yours, she drives the S60 and the car looks like hell inside and out :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Put it on your list and replace it around Xmas 2016.
There is a big chance you would feel better few months later and remove it from your list :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
So far my daughter has inflicted the following damage to my brand new 2015.5 XC60 R-Design:

- Dented the driver side door by throwing open my other car's door in the garage
- Stuffed a rock down the window gap and then rolled up the window causing a linear scratch through the glass
- Rested her mouth on the door panel and began biting

Ugh.

I would trade it in. You should probably be able to get top dollar for her.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I look at my sofa and furniture and think this is why we can't have nice things. Like others have posted, leave it because later on you will feel better that you didn't because there is more....

The inside of my 15 XC 60 is typically some sort of experiment with different spots and blobs of various textures. I sometimes think I should call the CDC, A Vet, or Scully and Mulder.

My S60 is clean though...
When I look at used SUV's on lots they always look beat up in the back seats, even though cleaned up for sale. Kids and dogs are both tough on cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts