SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of others, I am not satisfied with the original low beam headlight of my MY12 baby. I first thought about the clearvison solux as recommended by another thread in this from. After installed, I hardly noticed any difference, see the photo here.
The left is the original one.

I installed two HIDs to my other cars. I just can't live without it. The Solux is nowhere close to the HID. Long story short, I bought a paired of mini version of 35w 6000k HID kit and a warning canceller from Ebay. Yes, you need a caceller to get it work. Here is the difference between solux and HID.
. I am not sure what happened to the photo. The solux is actually not that yellowish. However, the difference is huge. I can share more details if any of you are interested. I would thank Putertech for his information from his thread "HID install".

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
As many of others, I am not satisfied with the original low beam headlight of my MY12 baby. I first thought about the clearvison solux as recommended by another thread in this from. After installed, I hardly noticed any difference, see the photo here.
The left is the original one.

I installed two HIDs to my other cars. I just can't live without it. The Solux is nowhere close to the HID. Long story short, I bought a paired of mini version of 35w 6000k HID kit and a warning canceller from Ebay. Yes, you need a caceller to get it work. Here is the difference between solux and HID.
. I am not sure what happened to the photo. The solux is actually not that yellowish. However, the difference is huge. I can share more details if any of you are interested. I would thank Putertech for his information from his thread "HID install".
I put in HID's and it did not require a warning canceler at all, it may be possible that your 2012 is somehow wired differently then my 2011.5

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I think different brand HID may also function differently.
Could be, glad you have it worked out...the light output is phenomenal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts