572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Updated* Phase 1 Boost Gauge Project

Modified by MightyQ at 6:15 PM 2-1-2008

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: My Boost Guage Project (MightyQ)

That exact mod out of an Audi I believe came up a 2 years ago...I hope you're good w/electronics...many here are but not willing to undertake this mission!

Good Luck and post pictures as you go along.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: *Phase 1* Boost Project Pictures Disassembly (MightyQ)

I saw this concept about 6 years ago. The VW/Audi guys started it I believe, even sold kits to do it(DYI) or you could send in your cluster and they would add it for a price....I think it's one of the coolest mods you can do but it looks like a PITA...make sure you make a good template...
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: *Phase 1* Boost Gauge Project Pictures Disassembly (MightyQ)

Do you have a good drill press you can use? I'd be worried about the bit wandering, even if you tap it, making the install look like
. A drill press would provide much more precision when drilling through metal.

Looks awesome. I saw something similar on an Audi and it looked terrific. Definitely the best looking option for a nice luxury car. Round gauges and add-on gauge clusters don't do it for me.

Best of luck and keep us updated. How much was the kit?

- Tryg

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts

Nice work so far! Have you considered a vertical arrangement? Boost seems so much more of a linear thing to me, rather than circular.

Tom.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

Anyone know a source for a modestly priced pressure transducer? (ie ~$30) Ideally I want something that is small, can be tapped into the hose coming off the manifold or TCV, runs on 12V-14V, ~0-30psi, ~0-5V output. I'm looking for something to use for my 'secret boost gauge project'

LTA

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Re: *Phase 1* Boost Gauge Project Pictures Disassembly (LTA)

MightQ that is the Refined way to do it!!! I love the way that looks. I had similar feeling about boost guages. I would much prefer to not have it sitting on the dash or column. I am going to the show in Carlisle next month any chance your going? Want to caravan up. I would like to see the finished product, maybe I could talk you into some beer and pizza for help with mine!

See Ya!

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.