SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Are you telling me that only 62.6% of crank power makes it to the wheels?? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Volvo...reduce your parasitic loss in your awd plz...

In other news. WOAH!! Awesome dyno run!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Mod list?

I want to run E85 so bad...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
More info please :)

That looks like a 2WD Dyno, is there more loss in disabling the AWD ?

Mod List

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It's only being dynoed on the front wheels as you see.. So it should only be losing 15% or so.
Good catch. I also have to admit that I saw 422 as whp and then 674 as crank hp. He probably did mean Nm with the 674, which is 497.1 lb-ft of tq. I feel dumb!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
At the front wheels. Which, if this is an R with the AWD disengaged (instead of a dressed up 2.5T) would translate into around 390AWHP

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Yea thats right 674nm,sry! They take of the fuse to the haldexbox but the anglegear and the cardan is still moving
when they do the dynotest!
They're moving, but the only resistance is the fluid and the rotational mass of those parts. That's nowhere as much as the additional force required overcome the dyno resistance

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're moving, but the only resistance is the fluid and the rotational mass of those parts. That's nowhere as much as the additional force required overcome the dyno resistance

358hk 572Nm with E85 on wheels. Estimated driveline loss of 18% due to angle gearbox and cardan drives in the measurement. Only the rear diff that is disconnected of the fuse

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mod list?

I want to run E85 so bad...
Here are the mods!
Auto Tech software. Siemens 630cc injectors. 3 "stainless steel downpipe with racing catalytic converter. 2x2 "stainless steel sports exhaust from the catalytic converter and rear. 45mm Alu IC Auto Tech. Elevate Airfilterbox AMS. Multifuel tune and E85 tune also!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Here are the mods!
Auto Tech software. Siemens 630cc injectors. 3 "stainless steel downpipe with racing catalytic converter. 2x2 "stainless steel sports exhaust from the catalytic converter and rear. 45mm Alu IC Auto Tech. Elevate Airfilterbox AMS. Multifuel tune and E85 tune also!
So it's true, all the **** I've been saying all along. It really doesn't take much on E85.. And that's stock turbo?

Do you have lambda logs, intake temp logs, detonation logs? Also, what's the boost pressure that is on the E85 tune? I have also been looking at autotech software, stage 3 is about $3,000 USD???? 22,500 KR??? Elevates prices are more reasonable, however I'm not sure if they are the same tune as the true autotech tunes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi! I check if he has the logs that you looking for.
He payed here about 2000 dollar for the tune!
Its a stock kkk 24! But I would go for the
Vivas hybrid kkk24 instead because Im
not a fan about E85 ,I think its bad for the theese
engines!And Vivas hybrid rocks! :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Can't tell cause it's dark, but I don't see a FMIC do you?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Hi! I check if he has the logs that you looking for.
He payed here about 2000 dollar for the tune!
Its a stock kkk 24! But I would go for the
Vivas hybrid kkk24 instead because Im
not a fan about E85 ,I think its bad for the theese
engines!And Vivas hybrid rocks! :)
Why would E85 be bad for the engine? I think there's a lot of rumors about how E85 is more corrosive and blah blah blah.. I've seen first hand E85 be very successful on aluminum engines.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
E85 is not harmful to the engine internals themselves. E85 can cause problems on fuel delivery system, however. Reason: E85 has more water content, and it doesn't lubricate in the same way gasoline does, therefore it can cause rusting in areas of the fuel system where the water can collect. Also, it can eat away at certain rubbers, so you have to make sure that the fuel hoses you use are ok to use with alcohol.

Finally, you have to run fuel injectors that will push about 20% more fuel (at least) because E85 is 20% less efficient that gasoline by volume (in other words, expect 20% less fuel mileage) It makes more horsepower by burning cooler and yes, it's a lot of fun (I had that in my 240 turbo intercooled wagon... the injectors were the tough part on it with mechanical fuel injection... finally went with additional injectors to solve the lean issues)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts