SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down this past week and ordered a new XC90. Should get an estimated delivery date this coming week and the wait will be excruciating!

Here is what I'm getting, can't wait!

R-Design - Osmium Grey
20" wheels
Convenience package
Vision package
Protection plus package
Mud flaps
2nd row sunshades (still a bit ticked the integrated sun curtains only available in Inscription)

I was offered $1000 off MSRP and managed to add another $500 when I pointed out I could save $1700+ through OSD.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I finally broke down this past week and ordered a new XC90. Should get an estimated delivery date this coming week and the wait will be excruciating!

Here is what I'm getting, can't wait!

R-Design - Osmium Grey
20" wheels
Convenience package
Vision package
Protection plus package
Mud flaps
2nd row sunshades (still a bit ticked the integrated sun curtains only available in Inscription)

I was offered $1000 off MSRP and managed to add another $500 when I pointed out I could save $1700+ through OSD.
Congrats! That is awesome news! Yes, the wait is excruciating....I have one that has a US Port date of 11/19 and I'm getting little or no info from the dealer recently. I hope it's not delayed further. The silver lining for waiting might be that any initial gremlins and defects are sorted out. Last thing we want to do is go back and forth to the dealer. Time is money for me :)

I have the following on order:

Inscription - Crystal White
Vision package
Bowers & Wilkins
21" Wheels
Integrated Center booster
Décor Frames

I'm probably one of the few if not only one here that didn't order the Convenience package..Initially, I thought I wouldn't need some of those features as I rarely use CC now. However, I should have probably ordered it based on the comments here. My order would have been pushed out another 2 months, so I decided to leave my order as is.

However, after looking at some of the dealer inventory, I was surprised at the number of cars without the Convenience package. I even saw the Vision package on many builds without the Convenience...so I feel a little better :)

Congrats again and good luck!

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you're going OSD, then you can swap for the 20" Momentum wheels, which I think looks better than the R Design 20" wheels :).

IMHO, convenience is a must as it is the basis for the semi-autonomous driving. Although your hand is still on the wheel, I think it helps make long commutes a lot less painful, and more relaxing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
ashay21;2745353 Inscription - Crystal White Vision package Bowers & Wilkins 21" Wheels Integrated Center booster Décor Frames [/QUOTE said:
We pretty much have the same specs/color. What interior did you go with? Amber? Mine arrived at port Hueneme off of the GLORIOUS LEADER last Friday and either is in transit or still sitting at the port. Hoping it gets here by this weekend. Thanks for suggestion on the tires on the other thread, I'll keep my eye out to see if they become available.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Congrats....welcome to the family!

·
Registered
192 Posts
We pretty much have the same specs/color. What interior did you go with? Amber? Mine arrived at port Hueneme off of the GLORIOUS LEADER last Friday and either is in transit or still sitting at the port. Hoping it gets here by this weekend. Thanks for suggestion on the tires on the other thread, I'll keep my eye out to see if they become available.
I went with Amber. I love the Crystal White/Amber combo. I'm hoping my vehicle arrives before the end of the month. Still waiting for updates from the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stuck with the charcoal interior. Primary reason for the vehicle change is the two month old new addition to the family. Hopefully staying dark will help with keeping it clean, looking at least.

As for the wheels, to each his own I guess. Part of what drove me to the R-Design was that I preferred that wheel selection. I was tempted by the 22" but the stock summer tires and no readily available winter replacement kept me in the 20". Maybe a future upgrade some day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
First timer here too (not counting the '87 740 GLE that I took my road test in). Just got the VIN this week and waiting for a boat.

How long are people waiting from port arrival to dealership (I'm in NY)?

Convenience
Vision
Cold Weather
HUD
Air Suspension

1 - 10 of 10 Posts