SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered it back in May '21 after finding a dealer in NH that would actually take an order for one. Picked it up 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it! Came from a 2016 Audi SQ5 and just love being close to the ground again. Liked my Audi, but never loved, loved it. It was fast and direct but rough, rough, rough. She ket me safe though, through 2 front end major front impacts, one with another vehicle and one with an iceberg. Needed a change from Audi as my previous previous was a 2006 A4 3.2 - that car was a beast in the snow.

Enough about the past though...so for 2022 no drive mode scroll wheel, no compass in mirror, no more paddles, and I guess no cargo cover, not sure if that came with previous '20 or '21 models...not much to comment here as it's all new to me. You can shift with gear sector in B mode if you want, but I agree that leaving the car to do it is best. Drive mode is easy for me to find with a swipe right and switch whenever. She looks badass in black - i know wash, wash, wash - but seriously stunning and badass in black. Black trim, black paint, white badges and gold brakes...and gold tire valve stem caps!

Drives super smooth all the time. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy the hybrid operation. When the engine kicks on, you can't really tell or hear. It's a quiet car for sure. The steering wheel feels tremendous, better than my wife's '19 Cayenne. The stance is solid and the connection to the road superb. The car is complex and it reminds you with a slew of otherworldly but subtle and quiet whirs and hums. The battery goes quickly in pure eco mode but in hybrid mode it saves itself and will become unavailable at times so it can help out later, always thinking! Bigger battery would be welcome, but enjoying what i have for now. Polestar mode - haven't given it the beans yet - transforms the vehicle altogether. Engine on, slight vibration, and a distinct but subtle exhaust note. Very luxurious feel. Very, very quick with the accelerations I've done. Most notable when going from 40 mph to say 75-80 mph. It just happens and everyone is behind you, that's the best way to describe. Shifting is smooth and you're just speeding away, sneaky fast.

Driver's seat is so comfortable, the Bowers stereo is truly awesome - and I've spent $$ on after market craziness in my A4. It's a nice, nice cabin. I plan for winter tires, Pirelli sottozero's maybe and have purchased cross bars, ski rack, reversible cargo mat with pull down cover for bumper. I took out the rubber protection pkg. cargo mat and use the soft side of the reversible mat and it keeps things from sliding. otherwise the floor mats in the protection pkg are great. thinking of heico performance upgrades (intercooler, exhaust, ECU, etc....in their bundle...but would not get the exterior mods, it looks plenty sporty as is) for the future, but later, maybe. Cheers!

·
Registered
2022 Volvo V60 Polestar
6 Posts
Congrats on the wagon! It's such a wonderfully unique and fun car, glad you're also enjoying it! Also looking forward to the snow performance, hoping to get some Nokian R3s soon and try out the Constant AWD mode.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
2,822 Posts
Pics!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Funny I find the battery drains way faster in Hybrid than Pure mode. Enjoy the wagon! Jealous as my wife wouldn’t have it and we opted for the XC60 T8 instead…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny I find the battery drains way faster in Hybrid than Pure mode. Enjoy the wagon! Jealous as my wife wouldn’t have it and we opted for the XC60 T8 instead…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply, I’ll watch. Sometimes battery level even comes back after I’ve depleted it and returned to the car later. Cold weather will definitely affect it too I guess…

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do tell.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
It’s a long story and iceberg refers to a snow wall on the side of a mountain road not the titanic kind…let’s just say I was driving like an absolute moron and should have been utilizing the downhill descent control instead of Lightning McQueen-ing it around a rough bend. It was snowing, freeze thaw conditions the day before and let’s just say the mountain roads in Vermont develop a sandwich of conditions over the course of the winter. Dust a few inches of powder on it and turn left to go right…also I was stoned to the core.

No one injured. She took the impact like a champ. After the tow truck came we had a nice dinner and the skiing the next day…fantastico! Audi’s are strong like bear.

·
Registered
2009 XC90 V8 & 2008 C30 V1
474 Posts
I didn't even realize they changed the body style! That's gotta be the most beautiful wagon I've ever seen. I love the older V60 but man.... this is awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts