SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first R, but not my first Volvo. Now with FMIC fitted.

Hi.
Last weekend I bought my self a V70R -04

-BSR ss exhaust from cat.
-Eibach springs.
-19" pegasus replica w/235/35 tires.
-17" w/studded winter tires.
-RTI
-Subwoofer
-Child "paket"
-Phone
-Atacama
-Glas sunroof
etc.

So far I'm very pleased with the car.
I have some plans for it:

-Replace the silversprayed grilles in front with stock black.
-Service the Haldex (new filter/oil) and check the driveline fluids.
-Replace engine bushings.
-Stiffen up the "strut bar" in engine compartment.
-Mount IPD camber bushings in rear.
-Replace steering limiters with new.
-Relocate the rubber on frontsprings.
-Clean the seats.

And maybe mount an aluminium intercooler and software upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
that is a beautiful VR! very nice. never seen that color with atacama before, nor on a V

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Beautiful color combo...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Very nice. You could pull the front pieces and repaint with Crylon Fusion paint. I did mine three years ago and they look great and no chipping at all.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wow I don't think you need to touch those seats, they are bright as he!!. I would repair those fog grills. They kinda look out of place but your front bumper grill is the stock color in case you didn't know. Nice lookin VR!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It may not be visible in the pictures, but the leather need a bit cleaning to get in perfect condition.
I think I will replace the bumper grilles with the open style in black. I know the radiator grille is stock with the silver frame around.
The previous owner told me that this car was special ordered in this "cosmic" blue colour from the factory. He also said that the first owner was one of the bosses in the Volvo office in Gotenburg. I don't know if it's true or not... But I like the colour combo!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
That Atacama is in excellent condition.
It's suposed to turn color like a baseball glove, all you will do is strip the color if you try any harsh chemical cleaner on it.
Use MILD soap (Woolite) and warm water and a lot of Lexol CONDITIONER only, (not the cleaner)
Nice R BTW

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Good lookin VR! Love that color combo. Maybe clean up that charge air pipe (the silver colored pipe that runs over the engine) and take off the hood blanket so it doesn't rub on it, makes the caR sound better too.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Wait, did you lift your seat up?
Are you referring to the rear seat? If so, those are integrated child booster seats in the outboard seating positions and optional on the V70 (all trim levels). There is a small latch handle under the front of the cushion to release them and allow them to flip up like that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good lookin VR! Love that color combo. Maybe clean up that charge air pipe (the silver colored pipe that runs over the engine) and take off the hood blanket so it doesn't rub on it, makes the caR sound better too.
I know. I think I have to replace some worn engine mounts and upgrade the strut brace bushings. I think I will keep the hood blanket, love the stock appearance of the car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow I love that color, can't imagine there are too many floating around.
I have never seen a R in this colour before. And R cars are very rare in Norway because of the high price. It's always been my dream to own a V70N R, and it finally came true!
But the downside is that I have to pay norwegian taxes before I can get plates on it, which is 2,5 times the price I paid for the car itself!

·
Registered
507 Posts
But the downside is that I have to pay norwegian taxes before I can get plates on it, which is 2,5 times the price I paid for the car itself!
WHAT?!?!? am I reading this correctly, taxes are 2.5 times for expensive then the car?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WHAT?!?!? am I reading this correctly, taxes are 2.5 times for expensive then the car?
Yes you heard correct. The car will cost me around 70k$ in total. But for the same amount of money you can buy a new V70 1,6D drive with no extra. I would never bought such a dull car.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Are you referring to the rear seat? If so, those are integrated child booster seats in the outboard seating positions and optional on the V70 (all trim levels). There is a small latch handle under the front of the cushion to release them and allow them to flip up like that.
Yes I was, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a good look under the car tonight to take a look at the bushings in front control arms and try to locate the small rattling noise when driving over bumps.
I discovered a few things.

-Worn steering limiters. It was a easy fix to do, I just swapped sides as they weren't worn in same positions. Problem solved!
-Worn out front bushings in controlarms (I think I will go for a poly fix here, maybe on both bushings F/R)
-And probably the thing that caused the rattling, worn inner tie rod.

Hmm.... I wonder why they didn't discover this when they did the alignment after fitting the Eibach springs. Doing an alignment with worn or bad parts is waste of time an money.
Anyhow I have to get a new alignment after fitting IPD camber bushings to get the camber back to spec, and most important of all get the piece of paper to show the authorities so I can get the lowering approved.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts