SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. im happy to have found this community and am looking forward to things to come. today i purchased a 2005 s60r. i am the second owner. it came with ALL the service records and even the original bill of sale. 92k miles on it . he sold it to me for 6k. i had to wait 2 weeks to get it (a painful wait) because he wanted to replace the slave cylinder on it and make sure every single thing was working before he set her loose. I very much appreciated that.

metallic black sapphire exterior and has the atacama interior.
sunroof
6 speed
climate package
touring package

here is my issue and only problem with the car that i have found so far.
the front bumper bottom lip is droopy. not cracked. but droopy and it wants to snag those parking curbs if i pull to close to them.
is there any way to fix this without buying a whole new front fascia? perhaps with a hairdryer? lol i dont know. any ideas?

thank you all. -Eric

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Common issue, search droopy lip & you will find lots of information on ways to fix.

Also post pictures or we don't believe you really bought an R

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Welcome to SS, 6k for a good condition <100k with a new slave is a good deal.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the R.
Word of advice on the parking stops, DON'T pull up that close to them.
You'll soon learn a new way of parking and driving with an R. Wait for your first U turn. :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
^^what he said. You use some rivets and a little bit of metal bracketing to fix the lip. But there are tons of threads on that here.

welcome.

·
Registered
293 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok ok! here's some quick an dirty cellphone pics. sun was in the wrong position and couldnt back up far enough due to the tight parking spot and im to lazy to reposition the car. I'll clean the car up and get some proper photos this weekend.

yknow what i just noticed? I think the tire is installed wrong on that rim.. lol i get to fix something!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts

yknow what i just noticed? I think the tire is installed wrong on that rim.. lol i get to fix something!

Thanks!

Most definitely wrong. Pushing water to the middle of the path.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to the group. That is a screamin deal on a low mileage M66! I looked for 10 month before getting mine and still paid more then that. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Atacama and MT, nice find.

Invest in the front winglets or a front lip, that'll teach you real quick to stay far away from parking blocks!

·
Registered
390 Posts
$6k for a manual R with Atacama and a new slave cylinder? Teach me your ways!!!

But seriously, nice job and welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Most definitely wrong. Pushing water to the middle of the path.

Lucky I live in San Diego. Rain?.....uuhhh, what's that? Some kind of magic thing? ..no clue.

Hehe no seriously. I'm from Oregon so I can handle a little weather. But I know what you're all thinking. And I agree. It is terrifying sharing the road with the majority of California drivers. But anywhoo, I've already lifted the car and got all the wheels back on in the proper rotation. Did it immediately after I noticed and posted those pics.

Lol thank you all for the great welcome. I am very excited. And thank you for forcing me to share pics . otherwise I probably would not have noticed the tire for a few days and driven around like a dummy with his blinker on.

You all are right. This car makes surprisingly wide turns. And the front end is a bit scrapey. Quite the change coming from a 4x4 pathfinder. :). I would seriously just ignore curbs. Just roll right over them. Been awhile since I've had such a low ride. Loving every second!

So this weekend I tackle the droopy lip and properly adjust the wastegate. Oh yeah! And I need to research and check on that exhaust hanger of death thing or whatever it was . can't recall. But I'll go back and figure it out. I am going to just go down the list from the "what to look for" thread. Can you folks think of anything else very, very important that I should check or address on the car?

Thanks! -eric

·
Registered
390 Posts
If it hasn't had the timing belt and related tensioner/idler pulleys done, then do them immediately since the car is 10+ years old.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Exhaust bracket is near the center of the car, under the exhaust. Hangs down and snags sh*t. If you look under you should see it sticking down.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Congrats on the killer deal and buying from a good seller. Sounds perfect - enjoy it you lucky dog.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts