SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my first car my grandma, who owns about 5 volvos, gave me her 1996 Volvo 850 get. It was beat up a good bit so I didn't think much of the car. My love for volvos started on Feburary 9th, 2015. It was 7:30 in the morning and I was headed to school. I'm 21 so I'm in college. It had rained that morning and the interstate was slightly wet. I was half-way through a merge when the person in front slammed on their brakes. I hit mine but my back end flew out. I ended up perpendicular to the lanes, drove across all three lanes slammed in to the wall and got t-boned on my drivers door by a 2012 Chevy traverse. I was actually able to climb to the passenger seat and walk to my stretcher. I ended up with 13 stitches in my forehead and eyebrow (I punched myself when the airbag went off), some glass in the same spots, and some bruises but that was it. I can truly say that Volvo saved my life. (Trying to upload pictures from my phone but they won't upload I'll try to figure it out)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've owned a 850 GLT VOLVO since I ordered it from Sweden December 24, 1994. It is a 1995. I is the best car I have owned. Still in great condition, a few minor fixes needed. Garaged mostly since I have had it. Interior still excellent. Glad you made it out with minor injuries, and that you were driving a Volvo. My Volvo has side impact bags which cost extra during my purchase. Great Car. I buy parts from EUROparts (European Auto Parts) an online store with great success. I have great respect for this car. The engine has served me well. I keep the vehicle serviced. approx. 169,000 miles or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts