SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sorry for the terribly grainy pics--taken with my old digicam. I'll try to scan these soon...

'71 142E, IPD rebuild kit motor, cam, stock FI, K&N, custom exhaust, new suspension bushings, IPD springs, KYB shocks (I know, I know...), swaybars, 195/60 Dunlops, full leather interior, Momo steering wheel...I was only missing the Rallye gauge cluster. I miss that car *sigh*

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Y'know, I couldn't remember if I told you about it or not. HAHAHAHAHA! You suffered the fate I escaped! My father wanted my first car to be a '74 Chrysler Imperial LeBehemoth, and of course I wanted something like a Rabbit...so the Volvo was a 'compromise car' that I sold him on after taking him to the junkyard and showing him how they fared in serious accidents. I of course knew about IPD (located in my hometown) and already had all the mods picked out when I found this car.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Good strategy. Well, I can at least relish in the fact that a state trooper rear ended the diesel Riviera and somehow the insurance company didn't total it. So, though I had to drive that thing bashed in in the rear for 6 months, the state of PA's insurance eventually helped pay for a "new to me" VW Scirocco.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts