SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive been on the hunt for the right S60R since January and I finally picked one up last Friday in Sacramento! Some of you may remember seeing this ad recently in the classifieds:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...vice-History-Pristine-condition-Sacramento-CA

Yep, it is now my baby! This is my 10th Volvo since I was 16 years old but my first R. I have a feeling you may start seeing a lot more of me on this forum now! Im so excited to finally be an official R owner and I love driving this thing! I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about my new R!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PS - As far as productive mods go, check out the links in my sig . . .
Thanks man! Ill check those out! You recommend MTE Stage 0 rather than stage 2? How come?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Stage 0 is the term for making sure you are in top stock condition before putting on a tune. I'm somewhere between a stage I and II now, but you should make sure everything is well sorted on your R before the real mods begin. ;)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Super nice R! Full sport kit, '07, MT... even has the amber delete on the front blinkers. Previous owner knew what they were doing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stage 0 is the term for making sure you are in top stock condition before putting on a tune. I'm somewhere between a stage I and II now, but you should make sure everything is well sorted on your R before the real mods begin. ;)
Ah I c. Ive been debating on whether or not I should go back to stage 0 or stage 1 for a while. I don't really see myself doing a lot of heavy mods to this thing to be quite honest. I like it just the way it is right now. Is it bad to switch the stage back and forth every so often? What effect does it have on the car?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super nice R! Full sport kit, '07, MT... even has the amber delete on the front blinkers. Previous owner knew what they were doing.
Thanks! Ya the previous owner was just as OCD as I am about stuff like that! He took VERY good care of this thing. Ive got a binder with page protectors and every service receipt/repair order since the car was brand new! He even threw in a trunk full of parts and goodies! I feel pretty lucky to have this thing!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hell, if you like it and its already tuned, just maintain her right and enjoy then. Good find indeed.
That's probably what Ill do! Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So quick question, I realize the DSTC is the traction control, but what does it do when you hold it down and it says DSTC Reduced? Whats the benefit of turning it off and on etc..

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
In reduced mode the car will allow some wheel spin and slide, otherwise the car do its best to resist any such maneuvers. If you want real craziness you can completely turn it off if you cycle sequentially through the ons and offs several times, can't remember if its 3 or 5 times since reduced is good enough for my preferred misbehaviors.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
^ push it 5 times, approx. 1 second apart, allows more misbehaviors. :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ push it 5 times, approx. 1 second apart, allows more misbehaviors. :D
haha, nice! Good to know.. Im gonna try not to misbehave too much but sometimes I may not be able to resist myself! Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Matt

LOL its weird looking at my old car in the "other person owning it" perspective,, still has not hit me lol

Guys he got a solid car that I had sever OCD over since the day I picked it up. His story of looking for the right r was dead on to my story of looking for one. So i felt he was the right buyer to keep the torch going.. I kept good care of it and hell the leather still smelled new.. it was a damn good car. However it was time to leather go so I'm glad i found a good buyer. Im sure he will love this thing. MY wife used to ake fun of me with my sheet protectors and reciepts.. but i told her it was for easy reference.. My service book for my Saab Viggen is the same exact way..

I had to replace the glass lense, ballast, and bulb that all went to **** when a rock hit my car. So i figured to delete the amber side markers while i was in there to give it that fresh look..

Matt the cool thing about the MTE software is you can detune it to stage Zero ( stock ) and reflash it to stage 1 or Stage 2 all in a matter of seconds. I used to go Stage Zero it when i would valet it, or if i was taking it to the dealer for service. The emails i sent you, i would address those before you start to get crazy.. :p but its still a fast responsive car.. Once you get a full cat back exhaust on it the car will perform even better especially on the top end.

Keep us posted on what you plan to do to it!! The snow season is coming and you are really going to love that thing.. I will def miss that part of the car..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts