SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Partying like it's 2006!

Finished installing my RTI system and iPod adapter. CEM reprogrammed for the RTI system.

Replaced the missing splash shield with a new one from FCP

While I was programming the CEM for the RTI I also enabled something else. I have some modules coming in to play around with.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You retrofitted the RTI?? Was the car pre-wired for it?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yup! Yeah the car had all of the wiring with the exception of the REM to RTI harness, I had to build that. But the front LCD cables, GPS cable and everything else was plug-n-play.

You retrofitted the RTI?? Was the car pre-wired for it?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yup! Yeah the car had all of the wiring with the exception of the REM to RTI harness, I had to build that. But the front LCD cables, GPS cable and everything else was plug-n-play.
That bodes well for people who want a backup camera from swedesolutions in the RTI screen but don't care about RTI. It's incredibly good by the way :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Made some more progress on the BLIS addon!

After some digging around I found that the LIN wire is not pre-wired on my 06 to the door harness.

So I added a temp wire to the CEM for testing purposes to D:24.

My harvested BLIS harnesses from XC90 mirrors.

Whole setup

Hooked up the modules and just got a message about the LED modules on the insides of the doors are missing.

Hooked up some 12v panel mount LED modules and:

Aww yea

Just waiting on my 07 mirrors to come in and I have to run some wiring in the car but looks like this is going to work just fine.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
So stoked! This is gonna be sick. Yr mirrors should arrive by tomorrow :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
What color did you powder coat the rims? They look amazing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
That is the stock color that was available on the S60 I believe they call it anthracite?

My local rim powder coat shop asked me the year and model of the car and gave me the stock color options, they have a machine that mixes up the correct powder.

What color did you powder coat the rims? They look amazing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
New fog light time! Old fog lights were sandblasted up and one of them had separated and was letting water in. I couldn't find any resonable used replacements and figured I'd try something new.

I ended up going with Hella Micro DE lights, I wanted to do the Xenons but couldn't justify the $500 price tag.

Someone thought a couple hex nuts and some silicone would be enough to hold the lights in place.

Mocking them up

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
NICE! This is on my list at some point.
Can you provide a little more of a write up? I'm a sucker for loads of information before I venture into a new project.
Was there anything brighter that you shied away from?
I know Tabor has been toying with BLIS on his 07. Nice work!!
New fog light time! Old fog lights were sandblasted up and one of them had separated and was letting water in. I couldn't find any resonable used replacements and figured I'd try something new.

I ended up going with Hella Micro DE lights, I wanted to do the Xenons but couldn't justify the $500 price tag.

Someone thought a couple hex nuts and some silicone would be enough to hold the lights in place.

Mocking them up

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Thanks!

So these are the units I went with.

It really was just as simple as drilling a single hole in the existing fog light bracket and tightening them down. I purchased an extra set of brackets in case I decide to go back to stock. For the wiring I just cut the factory harness in half in case I wanted to join it back together and soldered the Hella harnesses to the stock pigtails.

I originally ordered the Morimoto XB's but wasn't impressed with the beam pattern or the amount of fab I would have to do to make them work. I wanted the Hella Micro DE Xenons but at $571 a pair that was a tough pill to swallow.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
BLIS system is fully functional!

Ended up having to dump the XC90 modules as they have a different area they monitor so super poor performance. Swapped them with modules from an 13 S60 and all works great. The other issue I ran into was my CEM was powering up the BLIS modules too fast and they kept complaining that the config was wrong. I can only assume they made a special module for 07 P2's where they could be powered up quickly. I ended up having to put in a power delay relay from the A8 CEM pin to delay the BLIS module power on by 8 seconds to keep them happy.

The other thing is that even though my 06 has the BLIS wiring in the door harness it did not have the wiring from the CEM to the door/body plug so I had to run the wire for the LIN network and power, but all in all this was quite simple and the plugs on the CEM can be reached without pulling out the module.

This is the delay module I ended up using.

The new parts I ordered:

31217622 1 $ 251.80 Mirrors, door
30710076 1 $ 33.10 Switch
30745086 1 $ 8.25 Cover, left
30745087 1 $ 8.25 Cover, right
31111102 1 $ 28.08 Lens, R.H
31111090 1 $ 28.08 Lens, L.H
30745085 2 $ 7.66 Seal, right
30745084 2 $ 7.66 Seal, left
30649921 1 $86.32 Inner Trim Left
30649922 1 $86.32 Inner Trim Right

I used 2 mirrors from an 2013 S60 for the silver trim rings and the wiring harnesses

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
When I opened your thread I was like "OK another look at my rims and floor matts" kind of build. But, wow, I'm impressed, very cool project. Subscribed. Bookmarked. Making list of questions :)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Let the one-uppage begin

41 - 57 of 57 Posts