Tasca for some reason has been taking for ever to ship my clutch line. To keep the project moving forward I just bent the existing line to test everything until the new one comes in.
Only temporary unless it works
Next up came running the clutch position wires
All of the harnesses that go into the CEM cover are molded and living in florida we get a bunch of rain so I didn't want to compromise that seal. I ended up running the wire through the body hole commonly used for boost gauge wiring.
Added the black terminal to the CPS terminal position.
In order to get the terminals in you have to coax this pink plastic latch out.
Cut the brown wire at B:4 and spliced in the brown wire for the CPS
My added wire routing
Next step was sorting out the ECU
I picked up a junkyard ECU and cloned my original ECU over. This way I can go back to auto if I need to and I didn't want to mess with the only thing that started the car. After I verified the ECU started the car I copied a manual bin file onto the ECU. Only difference was now the ECU complains if the CPS is disconnected.
Some waayy too expensive shift knob action
Bled out the clutch and the car drives great! Still working on getting the CEM pin so I can get rid of the transmission service error.
Only "mods" I've done are a Grom, CFE and the backup cam but those are all invisible and don't alter stock stuff, just add functions. I guess mirror caps and wheel center caps but those are oem pieces. Same with premium audio and folding mirrors, stock stuff. Maybe in the future I'd do a downpipe but that's a little out of my expertise range
If your talking about the cowl, it's really easy, just remove the wiper arms, then remove the 2 black metal clips at each end of the cowl. Then push the pins out of the button retainers and remove them.