SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Making huge progress!

Tasca for some reason has been taking for ever to ship my clutch line. To keep the project moving forward I just bent the existing line to test everything until the new one comes in.

Only temporary unless it works

Next up came running the clutch position wires

All of the harnesses that go into the CEM cover are molded and living in florida we get a bunch of rain so I didn't want to compromise that seal. I ended up running the wire through the body hole commonly used for boost gauge wiring.

Added the black terminal to the CPS terminal position.

In order to get the terminals in you have to coax this pink plastic latch out.

Cut the brown wire at B:4 and spliced in the brown wire for the CPS

My added wire routing

Next step was sorting out the ECU

I picked up a junkyard ECU and cloned my original ECU over. This way I can go back to auto if I need to and I didn't want to mess with the only thing that started the car. After I verified the ECU started the car I copied a manual bin file onto the ECU. Only difference was now the ECU complains if the CPS is disconnected.

Some waayy too expensive shift knob action

Bled out the clutch and the car drives great! Still working on getting the CEM pin so I can get rid of the transmission service error.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is that shift knob from FCP? I want to go back to a stock knob but that thing is pricey.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You would be correct. I figure if I can swap it out once under warranty before they go NLA at least it won't be too bad.

Is that shift knob from FCP? I want to go back to a stock knob but that thing is pricey.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hell yeah! That shift knob looks great, and I see you used the open source CEM cracker. I got mine from VDash. What paint did you use on the mini intercooler? Mine looks dumb + is flaking too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks!

I just used rustoleum satin black after lots of careful brushing and chipping off the old paint.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I guess it's not a high temp part so no need for special paint

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah, though now after driving it for a few months I already have 1 rock chip on it. I may need to try something stronger, like an enamel.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I also considered just stripping it and leaving the bare aluminum look, or just going FMIC and saying eff it...

Reactions: Papa_Kirlo

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think that would look really cool too, if you could get it bright aluminum and then clear it.

Other option would be just go with a DO88 and then you wouldn't have to modify the crash bar.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think that would look really cool too, if you could get it bright aluminum and then clear it.

Other option would be just go with a DO88 and then you wouldn't have to modify the crash bar.
Are you gonna modify the crash bar??

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Only "mods" I've done are a Grom, CFE and the backup cam but those are all invisible and don't alter stock stuff, just add functions. I guess mirror caps and wheel center caps but those are oem pieces. Same with premium audio and folding mirrors, stock stuff. Maybe in the future I'd do a downpipe but that's a little out of my expertise range

Reactions: jcdillin

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
whistles

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If your talking about the cowl, it's really easy, just remove the wiper arms, then remove the 2 black metal clips at each end of the cowl. Then push the pins out of the button retainers and remove them.

How do you take off the peice between the windsheld and the hood??

21 - 40 of 57 Posts