SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Eibach pro kit for an S60
AWD. I love the heigth, but can't take the pounding any more.
Is there a lowering spring w/ a stock type of stiffness?
If not, I'm going to have to go back to stock.
Anyone in Denver looking for Eibachs? Maybe a swap?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I have the Eibachs as well on my '02 AWD S60, the ride is much firmer than the old oem springs but not "pounding" by any means. Maybe your shocks are shot and need to be replaced?

I don't think your going to find any sport springs that feel like stock, that kinda goes against the logic. You might want to try H&R, TME if they make them for the 2.4T AWD, though not many kits are available for the non R AWD.

Otherwise 'just deal with it'. I was told I would blow the shocks out in the first 15,000 miles and they seem to be holding up just fine @ 87,000 miles after 35,000 miles with the Eibachs. I think it depends on how you drive the car, where you drive the car and what you expect it to feel like, your impression might be different than mine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: My Eibachs are too stiff (floydfly)

Try putting on a rear brace for the car!
I just got one and the ride is a bit better. Oh well. I believe the Sachs shocks and struts are the softest out there, are those what you are running.

Modified by Paysts at 5:07 PM 3-9-2009

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
your struts are probably shot

Get new struts then make a decision

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Re: (NJGreenBudd)

Yea, i rather live with a firm suspension than drive a car that handles like a boat. Check your shocks and make sure you got fresh mounts in there.

Also, try dialing down your tire pressure a bit because i found my normal 35psi to be a bit much with the springs and 33 to be a happy medium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.