SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Looks great!

The sound from the aux-input is a lot better, isn't it? I was tempted to do something similar, but my iPod is just too convenient for me to want a computer. Plus I also don't know where I would mount the screen. Where I live, it would have to detach or hide itself in one way or another to prevent theft.

What program do you have running in that pic? Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Re: (rwemyss)

Quote, originally posted by rwemyss »

Some people have attempted to use the carPC as a replacement for the HU by wiring directly into the amp from their audio card... evidently they have had problems with noise though.

Yeah, an aux-input module is the better way to go in this case, no questions asked. Especially when wiring directly into the amp will cause one to lose Dolby Pro Logic surround. Plus the sound of the aux-in is exceptional.

Also, isn't the iMIV adapter for an iPhone a great deal more expensive? And iPhones themselves aren't particularly cheap either
However, they would be a fairly easy alternate to a 'carputer' by way of installation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.