SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according the DEQ in oregon, the 98 vintage volvos are known for problems with their OBD-II system, the onboard diagnositcs system.. apparently the computer needs to have the car drive on the road at certain speeds and RPM's known as the "Drive cycle" in order to either reset the OBD values, or kinda of trick it. not sure...<p>anyone heard of this? the DEQ fellow sezs i should just get a fax with the speeds and rpms from the dealer to do it myself before bringing the car back. we've tried 3 times. im getting tired of this.<p>so looking for info on drivecycle stuff. thxs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah this happened to me last year. I just drove the wheels off of it (without shutting off the car) and took it in. You may be looking at driving at least 100 miles.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: my car not passing emissions testing "drive cycle" (dave g)

Don't "drive the wheels of it" just do a normal drive cycle.<br>Usually it needs about 50 miles, start, drive, go 60 mph for a few miles, do some stop and go in traffic, etc<br><B>You shouldn't need to do this unless the battery was disconnected or you had a fault code that was <B>fixed </B>and cleared,</B> the operative word here is <B>fixed</B>. If you just clear a code and the problem is still there even if the ck light is off the car will never become "ready" for emmisions<br>This is not just 98's but all Volvos and all cars.<br>Volvos and Audis seem to suffer from this more than others

1 - 3 of 3 Posts