SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Re: My Car - Not for long! (MKC70)

Does that mean you'll come back posting on our board with a Nissan logo, after doing so with the Ford logo?
LOL

· Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: My Car - Not for long! (LucasC70)

Quote, originally posted by LucasC70 »
Does that mean you'll come back posting on our board with a Nissan logo, after doing so with the Ford logo?
LOL

Haha! I can't believe you remember that! It was when I bought a Ford Mondeo 2.5 V6. So yes, a Nissan logo would be apt. But seriously if you guys are looking for a sports car - look no further than the 350Z. Its even better than a Porsche Boxster S.

PS. Does anyone like my chrome trim along the bottom window line? Doesn't show well in the pics but its awesome in real life.

· Registered
406 Posts
Re: My Car - Not for long! (Token)

Honestly, I wouldn't buy a 350Z. There are too much of them. What I want out of a car is exclusivity, along with a sporty look, comfort and reliability.

With the mods I had on my C70, it's just enough sporty under the hood for me.

It's all a matter of what you want exactly (and the budget to go with it $). If I'd want to go with a small sports car, I'd turn to a Porsche, for sure. The older ones, which you dont see on the road anymore... Exclusivity, I tell you

Good luck with the Z.

· Registered
36 Posts
Re: My Car - Not for long! (Token)

WOW, only $5914 for a 41,000 mile C70? I know dealers play games with trade ins but that's alot of $$s to swallow (unless you're decently well off and it's not worth the aggravation of going through the sale process).

That car would easily clear $10K in the states.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Modified by SilverC70Cpe at 8:19 AM 4-18-2009

· Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm looks like I can't escape the C70 life. The dealer told me he would pay for 12 months of my road tax and then the next day changed his mind and said 6 months. He denied promising 12 months. The difference is only about $120, and considering I was spending so much money with them I thought they were quite poor people to deal with. Imagine if I had a warranty problem on the Z and they treated me like that.

So I've pulled out of the deal and am now considering whether to invest in mods for the C70 or to look for another Z. The reaon I liked the Z was because it was solid and chunky (like Volvo) but also a sports car. I can't stand those Lotus Elises and other go-kart cars which have nothing in terms of luxury.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.