SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, my 07 SR is going to be a victim of Sandy. She's currently sitting in an underground parking garage on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Despite not being in a flood zone, the garage is 2 blocks away from the water.

I have no clue where to move it, or even if I can move it. Any suggestions?:facepalm:

·
6,436 Posts
Long story short, my 07 SR is going to be a victim of Sandy. She's currently sitting in an underground parking garage on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Despite not being in a flood zone, the garage is 2 blocks away from the water.

I have no clue where to move it, or even if I can move it. Any suggestions?:facepalm:
No it won't. I'm on the upper west side and there are no garages here which will flood.
Which specific garage? I can check for you...I'm on 79th and Broadway

·
Registered
690 Posts
if your that worried I would take a Lil trip out of the city and head for the mountains before the storm hits..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Park in a parking deck, up in the middle

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Dude. Drive your car somewhere else, find a way it's not worth the loss if you have to take off work to do it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No it won't. I'm on the upper west side and there are no garages here which will flood.
Which specific garage? I can check for you...I'm on 79th and Broadway
I just did some walking around and discovered I'm much more worried than I should be as I am not THAT close to the water as I presumed. I'm pretty much parked at 74th and Broadway.

Sorry for sharing my freakout with everyone!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
if your that worried I would take a Lil trip out of the city and head for the mountains before the storm hits..
It's a little late for that... not very late but a little late.

Upgrade your insurance deductible?
You probably won't be able to make any changes to your insurance right now. A moratorium is in place, though I'm not sure it affects auto now that I think about it.

I just did some walking around and discovered I'm much more worried than I should be as I am not THAT close to the water as I presumed. I'm pretty much parked at 74th and Broadway.

It's okay to freak out during a frankenstorm.

·
6,436 Posts

lol
You have NOTHING to worry about...I was just walking around there and it's fine and going to be fine. You'd need an 80 Foot storm surge to get to that area hehe

·
Registered
352 Posts
Your visiting right? Nice timing. Stay safe

·
Registered
107 Posts
I flooded my caR and im still driving it, so if the worst case happens as long as you act quickly you can save it. To tell you the truth all the computers in the floorboards are sealed so as long as it is not sal****er your car should be fine. Also, the flood my car experienced was above the wheel and the only thing I had to replace was the amp. A year and a half later im still driving my caR, it's paid off, and my insurance is dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It's ok to freak out... it's an R!

Just glad it is safe. I'd be in freak out, too (to whit, I parked mine in parking garage a couple of times last summer when there were large thunderstorms rolling over, in case of hail damage)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know why they bleeped salt water but sal***er should be salt water

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 27 Posts