SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hail like 2 times golf size

Windshield is cracked and lots and lots of dents!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I got a four inch dent in my rear door and I haven't washed her since (pretty much disgusted and not happy until I'm behind the wheel). I hope you get her repaired ASAP.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry to hear about that! Will the insurance cover this or are you on your own?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
dang. sorry man. :(

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will get pictures tom it is still raining. Well I talked to the insurance. I went outside to check out the damage. Windshield looks like it was in a war zone. Hood has dents all over. Roof has dents big ones at places I really dont want repaired. Both fenders are completely dented. All 4 doors have dents on them. Everything else is ok. My car actually didnt get it too bad compared to some of my neighbors. They have windows really busted.

The insurance agent said that depending on how many panels they will have to replace it might be totaled. Looking by all they have to do and by the damage. I do think the car is totaled. I probably want it totaled too. I really hope not due to the fact car has under 50k miles and is in amazing condition. Depending how much money I get for this thing I think I will be buying another volvo just have to find another perfect one.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a better picture showing the damage

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Dang - that is some - Crazy Hail , where was this ?

Looking at the Sizes of those Dents Good thing You weren't outside , that crap would of Knocked You clean out , and You'd be laying there getting Pummeled , Ouch !

Good Dent Guys are worth Big Money , are all the Panels and Roof in the same shape the Hood is in ?

If that's got all of the Cars Area's - worst the A Pillars - which are Bear's to Fix or Pull , they might Freaking Total It !

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it was in St. Louis. There was a guy in one of the cars just parked and a ball hit his rear window and broke so he ducked for cover under his steering wheel.

Pretty much roof looks about the same as the hood. Doors are not as bad but still got some. The roof has some dents on the corners where the pillar and roof meats by the rear window...looks bad!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heart attacks!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Dang thats awful! Where was this?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh no :( your car was beautiful !!! A perfect car to start modding :( hope you can find another like it good luck!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I will get pictures tom it is still raining. Well I talked to the insurance. I went outside to check out the damage. Windshield looks like it was in a war zone. Hood has dents all over. Roof has dents big ones at places I really dont want repaired. Both fenders are completely dented. All 4 doors have dents on them. Everything else is ok. My car actually didnt get it too bad compared to some of my neighbors. They have windows really busted.

The insurance agent said that depending on how many panels they will have to replace it might be totaled. Looking by all they have to do and by the damage. I do think the car is totaled. I probably want it totaled too. I really hope not due to the fact car has under 50k miles and is in amazing condition. Depending how much money I get for this thing I think I will be buying another volvo just have to find another perfect one.
If your car is totaled out I will be a vulture... sell me your mirror caps and maybe your front spoiler? It sucks but at least you have insurance!

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
If your car is totaled out I will be a vulture... sell me your mirror caps and maybe your front spoiler? It sucks but at least you have insurance!
Well, if we're going to start calling things (before Jondevieon shows up), I'll get second in line for the front lip. I'm definitely interested in the sway bar and potentially the headlight lenses too (if they're in good condition, assuming they are with so low miles).

I hate being a scavenger to a still living car. I really do hope you get it properly fixed up. Keep in mind that little things (like the sway bar) can be taken out and sold without insurance ever knowing ;)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah the sway bar can probably come off dont think that i can sell any other parts.

the thing is if its totaled i will def be getting another volvo. Bad part is finding the low miles and great running condition. Or maybe an Audi a4....but volvo for the most part is my choice.

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
Be patient and you'll fine one. Volvo for life :cool:

You may want to talk to a local shop about having the dents popped out. If they can do it for the right price, maybe buy the car back from insurance (if they total it) and have an indie repair it. It's just cosmetic, while a bigger nightmare to repair, you do still have a drivable car!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts