SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My "build", V70R -04 from sweden | Haha hood-bra.

Hi, bought my first Volvo R in in Juliy 2011. Love it! Have som big plans so whyt not start a thread her. hopefully somone likes it.

Old updates in my earlier thread on an swedish forum:

Bought the car! 29 July 2011

Pics from car dealer.

My new car and dads 2,4D, on the way home after we bought it.

First wash, cracked the windsscreen. :(

Led Lights. 6 August 2011

New wheel caps. 12 August

Auto-x. 14 August 2011

Car pic and S80 strut-caps. 20 August 2011

The Plastic covers over the strut mounts, from first generation Volvo S80.

New plates, mudflaps mounted and endlinks broken. 22 August 2011

The text says, "Nowannabe-R"

Broken endlink, front, right. Problably broken after i drove auto-x.

Leds in side mirrors. 30 August 2011

New windscreen and 1/8 mile driving 1 October 2011

New windscreen and new flatblade wipers from the -05 facelift.

V70R vs Skyline R33 GTR, pretty damn even race!

Against a maptune tuned Saab, i won ofc. ;)

Managed to drive 8,84s as the fastest time!

Xenon/Hid in full beam and foglights. 20 october 2011

Broke the right hid light for the fog light so no picture at that. Got a new one waiting for assembly.

Found these facelift lights on internet from a scrap dealer. gotta find the lower ones to.

Ipd order home! 28 October 2011

Strutbrace, upper engine mount, transmission mount, HD endlinks and new headlamp wipers.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Nice looking ride you have there. Good luck and enjoy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. How did you crack the windshield from washing? Did the wiper arms fall back onto the glass without the blades on?
It was a sunny day, real hot! The car was standing in the sun about 30minutes before i washed it. Sprayed some cold water over the car, then heard some "crack" noise. Fuuuuuuuck hell the windscreen was crap. Only owned the car one day haha. Have som pics on hit here. I will never ever make this mistake again. But the screen was really bad so i had planed change it, but not so fast. :p It was like blasted.

If you're going with all those iPd performance mods, chances are they'll work better with the iPd tune
Yes your probably right, if im not wrong its MTE who does Ipds software-tunes. Perhaps talk to them directly instead, guess it will be cheaper for me.

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Welcome! And congratulations on the R!

You are right about the appearance without the rear spoiler. It just does not look right without it.

What is in the front bumper trim just below the driver side turn signal? Looks like a sensor of some kind, but there is not a matching one on the passenger side.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
It was a sunny day, real hot! The car was standing in the sun about 30minutes before i washed it. Sprayed some cold water over the car, then heard some "crack" noise. Fuuuuuuuck hell the windscreen was crap. Only owned the car one day haha. Have som pics on hit here. I will never ever make this mistake again. But the screen was really bad so i had planed change it, but not so fast. :p It was like blasted.

Yes your probably right, if im not wrong its MTE who does Ipds software-tunes. Perhaps talk to them directly instead, guess it will be cheaper for me.

Thanks for the comments!
Yes MTE does the tune, but the soft loader is bought through iPd

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome! And congratulations on the R!

You are right about the appearance without the rear spoiler. It just does not look right without it.

What is in the front bumper trim just below the driver side turn signal? Looks like a sensor of some kind, but there is not a matching one on the passenger side.
Its for the engine warmer, not so pretty place but easy to plug it in.

Hej :)

Very nice R !!!!

SKÅL
Haha thanks.

Cheers. ;)

Yes MTE does the tune, but the soft loader is bought through iPd
Okey, i'll have a better look at it. :)

MTE are very good.
So too is Peter @ Autotech Motorsport in Trollhattan.
Yeah their good guys all of them.

Looking for pictures on VR's with TME springs, anyone got one? Elevates lowering sure looks superb, but to low for me and the winters here. The most important is to get the rear down, get rid of the hillbilly style it got now. :p

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a set of EVOLVE V70R sport springs if your keen ?
- I had them in my XC but they did not suit.
They should lower your R by a good 1.5-2" all round.
Hmmm.. how much you want for them? I shall consider on it, they drop a LOT. But looks nice.

I have to ask how you removed the side mirror lights ?
Set the electric mirror to the outside as much as possible of the car, and up as much as possible. Then look inside the mirror and you'll will se a little plastic flap. That flap you should press with a tiny screwdriver. Then the lamp holder is loose. But be careful, old plastic.. So the flaps is easy to break, i broke one of my. New one was about 45$.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wow! Jealousy is setting in :) lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IPD thins fitted.

iPd parts mounted!

Always fun with some pics.

New vs old ****.

Mounted.

New vs old.

Mounted.

Lets go for the rear. :)

Found some cracks in my old enginemount.

New one fitted.

New iPd engine mount and strut bar conversion mounts on.

With just these small things done the car feels great. :D Next thing to save money for is iPd swaybars, loweringsprings (dunno what make i should go for yet, tme or eibach? elevate is for low for my driving.. :rolleyes:) and a set of spacers would be nice. Rear wing is ony my wishlist for santa. ;)

And yesterday i ordered the lower two facelift rearlights i was missing.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The TME springs work well for dropping the SR rear, but the VR doesn't drop nearly as much. A couple have done them. They will hopefully chime in. Just took this of my SR today. It's about 2.5 months after install.

·
Registered
876 Posts
iPd parts mounted!

Was the bottom of your transmission dry before you started?
I hope that's PB blast (or something similar) and not brake fluid.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was the bottom of your transmission dry before you started?
I hope that's PB blast (or something similar) and not brake fluid.
Have no idea what the thing is called in english but is for the scres to be easier to loose.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Have no idea what the thing is called in english but is for the scres to be easier to loose.

Yep, you're on the money. The product he was talking about is called PB-Blaster. It's a lubricant that helps loosen bolts and fittings. Another common product is WD-40.

On a side note, how can we get cool authentic Swedish plates for our VRs in the US? I want one! :)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts