SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 XC90 T8 Inscription Recharge, 2021 XC40 T5 Momentum
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first Volvo, 2012 xc90, in February for my wife. Fell in love with the brand and all it has to offer - which is an understatement. So, I traded my 2011 Dodge Durango for a 2012 xc60 T6. Love, love, love it! On my way home from owning it my first full day, I stopped at a crosswalk and the person driving behind me was not paying attention and smacked into the back of me. My back number is dinged up and will get replaced, and the other car, a Dodge Caravan, has a front end that is pretty banged up and will be at least $6,000 in repairs. My auto body guy told me he is always impressed when he gets to work on a Volvo!! Yes, sure I am pissed, but, no one was hurt, and what a fantastic testimonial! How's that for my very first post?

Anyone know how to post the pics?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Photo's

Thanks, will give that a try! :) Too bad there's not an easier way within the site.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Glad everyone is ok! Don't rule out a 'diminished value' claim as part of your dealings with insurance. Carfax will get a report of the incident.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great idea, I was wondering about that and now it makes more sense. I really appreciate you bringing that to my attention. Thanks!!!

Glad everyone is ok! Don't rule out a 'diminished value' claim as part of your dealings with insurance. Carfax will get a report of the incident.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Dang! So much for getting that first scratch!:mad:

Might the back-up sensors and camera have been compromised? There's a lot more going on 'back there' than in the 'old days'.:eek:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bad deal, huntski. I'm glad that nobody was hurt as that is certainly the most important thing. But that still sucks.............. The safety features of Volvo's is why I have two in my family! I pray that I will never need these safety features. Pete

·
Registered
329 Posts
here I am thinking that a small scratch from lame auto car wash join here in greenpoint BK was a big deal and here you are with an accident with a brand new xc60 . like everyone said, happy no one is hurt and the "tank" survived. hope it won't be out for too long.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice! I spoke to the insurance company today and they said to submit a claim. Wondering how much to ask for. I had about $2,200 in damage, the other car had about $6,000. Of course, they didn't give me any guidance. I have asked my dealer and they said $500 to $1,000 and that seems a bit light. Thoughts anyone?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, "built like a tank" is exactly what my auto body guy said. An acquaintance of mine got an XC60 6 months ago and backed into her sons car, a scratch on her bumper and totaled his. Yikes!

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might chat with your agent and get their advice. You also have the option to repair the car with your insurance and it will not count against you. It will show as a $0 claim once they are repaid by the other driver's insurance. I went through this about a year ago with an XC90 while towing a boat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts