SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my bluepower stereo 5 weeks ago & it's turned up a month early which is nice. The fitting looks a bit more involved than expected so will have to set aside a full day so I can take my time & do it right. Quality looks excellent & has a very comprehensive fitting instructions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Cool cant wait to see the install. What OS does it run?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully installing it later this week or on the weekend. Os system I have no idea I'll have a look later.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hopefully installing it later this week or on the weekend. Os system I have no idea I'll have a look later.

Full step-by-step install description with lots of pictures please!

Do you have the 'basic' factory system?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Subscribed.... I want one so bad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is not a premium so yes I have the basic factory system. Yeah ill get lots of pictures of fitting & step by step guide. I'm hoping maybe Thursday to fit it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Subscribed.... I want one so bad.
I was looking at them for a while contemplating the price, but in the end I gave in & got it. Get this fitted then maybe get air ride later this year & car will be nearly finished

·
Registered
834 Posts
To me if it works well enough, the price won't be an issue - it's still cheaper than buying another newer car with a newer, more 2010+ friendly audio system.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me if it works well enough, the price won't be an issue - it's still cheaper than buying another newer car with a newer, more 2010+ friendly audio system.
Very true, I've done a fair bit of work to my car so I decided it was worth it as I hate having a sat nav suctioned on the windscreen & no Bluetooth so fingers crossed it's all I hoped for.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Looking forward to your install.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing how it works out in everyday use...thanks for being the guinea pig!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've been interested in this. How much did you buy it for? Goodluck with the install.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been interested in this. How much did you buy it for? Goodluck with the install.
Hi, it cost me £440 GBP Inc shipping. I haven't done much with installs before so I might go to my friends engineering shop to have some help.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Im interested to see this too. I hope they do well but this is a pricey option. I would have done it too but didnt want to wait on shipping/production.

Is there a way to update the navigation? My chinandroid headunit uses google maps. I was concerned about the Bluepower being supported for more than a couple years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im interested to see this too. I hope they do well but this is a pricey option. I would have done it too but didnt want to wait on shipping/production.

Is there a way to update the navigation? My chinandroid headunit uses google maps. I was concerned about the Bluepower being supported for more than a couple years.
It's apparently loaded with all the latest maps when it's sent out & all updates when available are available for free through there website. I saw your stereo you fitted it looks ace I just didn't want to cut the waterfall dash & I'm not very confident with wiring etc, I've also just brought a carbon fibre skinning kit this is real carbon fibre sheet so hopefully going to carbon my floating dash & some other bits on the car.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Nice. So ongoing support is planned. That's good to hear. Cant wait to see this installed. Hopefully it will show aftermarket companies that there is a strong niche market for these cars.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice. So ongoing support is planned. That's good to hear. Cant wait to see this installed. Hopefully it will show aftermarket companies that there is a strong niche market for these cars.
Yeah there's a section on there website which says about ongoing support & updates which is free download. So updating sat nav when needed will be nice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is what it says on there website

BLP-990 software can be upgraded. New versions are periodically released. And the best part: they are available FREE OF CHARGE. The BLP-990 system bought is pre-loaded with the very latest system firmware available at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Subscribed, looking forward to that. Always like nice set by step posts!

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 79 Posts