SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
I assume the donor harness is for NA so that doesn't add a ton of value to take the whole thing. You just need to rewire the reverse light connector and the starter signal and most of the rest of it is just deleting extra wiring. If you can read a wiring diagram and compare the manual and auto wiring diagrams it's pretty self explanatory exactly what needs to go where. You'll see there's also an extra signal from, iirc, the trans to the cruise relay that needs to have the signal broken to gain cruise functionality. The wiring changes are overall pretty straightforward but MUCH easier to do with the harness on the bench. Hence splitting it from the car and then you can remove it once everything is on the floor while you have all the access.

The Japanifold is the ultimate P80/P2 exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
does the NA/big-bore intake manifold interfere with the RNC prepped PCV oil trap box?
I was planning to do those mods with the motor out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I thought I had the right flywheel ready to order on eBay but I did not I have 1995 850 for auto to manual swap and I don't know if the motor is internally or externally balanced, in other words, will any flywheel work, or do I need to find for an S70 turbo or an 850R or do I need to get a different harmonic balancer or what I have no idea and have done no research

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
You’ll want a single mass flywheel from an 850. S70s came with dual mass flywheels. I think early 1998MY S/V70s came with a single mass but the vast majority have dual mass

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
does the NA/big-bore intake manifold interfere with the RNC prepped PCV oil trap box?
I was planning to do those mods with the motor out.
Nope that’s fine

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The junkyard pulled the subframe for the motor so they did not have to flywheel I still need to buy one if anyone has a suggestion on where to buy and what to get

does anyone have thoughts or suggestions on the viviaperformance intake manifold spacer Intake Manifold Spacer, 850, S/V/C70, S60/V70, S80/XC90

I also what to fix the ac for the summer while the subframe is out looking for a kit or parts all of the function is there except the cold

Thanks

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Manifold spacer is vaporware and causes issues

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I forgot to add disconnect front brake lines
But I will have to bleed the brakes for the clutch anyway

·
Registered
794 Posts
I forgot to add disconnect front brake lines
But I will have to bleed the brakes for the clutch anyway
Just hang the calipers out of the way. No need to disconnect them. No need to completely dump all the fluid out of the reservoir when you connect the line from the slave. Cut the "crimp" off of the port fitting on the reservoir and have the hose for the clutch slave nearby. Snip. Connect.

Also, you don't pump the pedal to bleed the clutch. Let it gravity bleed a bit then reverse bleed it with a large syringe and force the air out of the slave back through the clutch master and out the reservoir. Takes very little time and works great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just clicked the link and notice it doesn't show the 850 flywheels as it should so here's a screenshot which lists 4

The part numbers you should be checking out are the ones that start with number 9

9176168, 9454772, 9454772, 9163902

·
Registered
173 Posts
A search go Google shows 9454774 is the correct number, but check yourself before purchasing

61 - 79 of 79 Posts