66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have decided...
no on the V70 R bumper
yes the valve stems with the Volvo caps
no on the side Volvo and moose for now
? on the wheels depending on what I can find
yes on the grill paint but different

I wish I had to know before I bought my with cracks and plastic welded it! oh well.

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
LMAO that's my picture from when I stripped that car a couple years ago......still have the bumper......

got some ideas what do you all think?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
ok so I was at pull-a-part this last weekend and found a1996 960 with the good radio pre pulled and paperwork everywhere the code is printed right on the manual so that was a score but I noticed the door lock switch and the antenna switch so I pull and striped and cut as much of the wiring harness as I could before the kicked me out for being there too long and I now have a big bunch of wire and switches. I watched a good simple video on how to wire the antenna switch but I been looking for a good write up of the lock switch wire and install but can find one. anyone got some experience with this?

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
Anyone know how to wire a dash lock switch on an 850
Lock system completely changed in 96. I would guess you'd at the very least be changing the master relay and rewiring it, if not a lot more. Refer to the MY95 and MY96 wiring diagrams for details. They are very very different cars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the traction concepts limited-slip LSD for the 1996-2016 Volvo v70 T5, v70xc, Volvo xc70, m56 manual kit?
I recently found an S70 T5M at the local import junk yard and will not be able to do the swap till the summer and was wandering about LSD kits for the M56H

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Looking for a Green 850 R bumper and possibly a set of "Volans" also paring for and manual swap on my T-5R in the summer, I got all the parts except the t-5r walnut Manual shift knob and shifter boot or any good OEM looking alternatives for shift knob I currently have a gray leather shift knob and boot for an S70 I might be willing to add trade with $$$ for an alternative shift knob, thanks all

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
Looking for a Green 850 R bumper and possibly a set of "Volans" also paring for and manual swap on my T-5R in the summer, I got all the parts except the t-5r walnut Manual shift knob and shifter boot or any good OEM looking alternatives for shift knob I currently have a gray leather shift knob and boot for an S70 I might be willing to add trade with $$$ for an alternative shift knob, thanks all
Making reproduction walnut knobs is on my list of projects. I need one myself for my 850R. Any decent upholstery place should be able to use a base shift boot as a pattern to make an alcantara one.

Here's a prototype knob I made last year

·
Registered
1997 Volvo 850 wagon
5 Posts
I need a cd changer CABLE, any one know where i could get one
i have been looking for one for a couple years. I have the cd changer just not the cable. I am about to give up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
i have been looking for one for a couple of years. I have the cd changer just not the cable. I am about to give up.
I bought one off a guy on a Facebook 850/P80 parts group and the hole cd changer and cable and radio at a pull-a-part but Facebook is the best chance of finding one

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
manual swap
I got

clutch slave cylinder
clutch master cylinder
clutch pedal Vaccum parts
small brake pedal
clutch pedal
shifter
shifter bolts
sport button switch cover
shifter cables
shifter cable bushings and rubber isolators are in amazing shape
need to get a shift knob and boot
clutch
pressure plate
throw out/release bearing
m56h
trans bolts
flywheel
flywheel bolts
rear main seal
brake fluid for clutch
fluid supply hose for clutch
axle seals
low miles A/T trans cv axles
new (cone) motor mounts
A/T trans cooler line radiator block off plugs
oil cooler line o-ring kit
recently replaced radiator hoses
VOLVO PCV kit
S60R exhaust manifold
Recently replaced struts
recently replaced turbo oil drain seals

THAT IS ALL THE PARTS I HAVE IF I AM MISSING ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW

so far I know I need to disconnect the list of the stuff below
battery ground
ac compressor
boost pipes
exhaust
radiator hoses and heater core lines
upper dog bone motor mounts
steering
strut bolts and strut tower brace
knock sensors
throttle body position sensor
intake pipe
water bottle(coolant bottle) wire
trans wire connection
subframe bolts
temp fan sensor
fuel lines
vacuum lines canister
drain coolant

THAT ALL I CAN THINK OF TO DISCONNECT WHEN DROPPING THE SUBFRAME IF I AM MISSING ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW
I am planning to drop the subframe if anyone has suggestions or ideas or advice on this, I have done lots of research but I do NOT know it all, so please leave info

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
Split the wiring harness at the ecu box instead (this will make sense when you get it apart and see how it connects)

Dropping the engine and trans out on the subframe is the easiest way to do this so you're on the right track. You're missing the trans input shaft seal. Get an extra RMS because it's very common to tear the first one on any spots you miss cleaning up the mating surfaces. You don't want a R manifold; they sound like ass.

Unless your timing belt/cam seals have already been refresh recently, it would be wise to take the opportunity to do them while the engine is out of the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
cool thanks should I get the manual trans part of the wiring at the ECU box from the donor car?
I guess I have an R exhaust manifold for sale

41 - 60 of 79 Posts