SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, AM reception in my car has never been great. I noticed today that it is dead completely. No hiss, no sound at all when I switch to AM. Will I need to replace entire floating console? If I do, will it work if I swap to one that has dual climate control? Can I upgrade to one that includes blutooth or satellite radio?

I'm very new to these newer Volvos so I'm sorry if my questions sound stupid.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the same thing happened to me and when I brought it to the dealer the tech told me they had to replace the whole unit, Including the FM 6 CD changer and all. Thank God it was still under warranty.Otherwise I'm sure that would had mounted to a pretty penny. Mine already had satelite radio but if you dont have one this might be the right time for an upgrade!! good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the same thing happened to me and when I brought it to the dealer the tech told me they had to replace the whole unit, Including the FM 6 CD changer and all. Thank God it was still under warranty.Otherwise I'm sure that would had mounted to a pretty penny. Mine already had satelite radio but if you dont have one this might be the right time for an upgrade!! good luck.
Same thing happened to me on my 2009 S40 after a year or so...Dealer replaced the entire in-dash 6 CD changer for me no questions asked, and yes, it was covered under warranty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts