SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 S60R & 2006 XC90 2.5T Real Volvos have 5 cylinders!!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread about Monroe not making our parts any more got me to looking for a rear set.

I had already changed the fronts immediately after buying the car.

I noticed that listings from eBay shipping from Europe were much cheaper than ones from vendors here, even including the freight.

The vendor Carondo had a listing for 380.74 + 66.86 freight. Buried in the description it stated it was for two.

I emailed them asking that there were indeed two shocks for that price and they confirmed the next day.

I placed the order and about a week later they showed up.

These things are POORLY packaged by Monroe. The Monroe box was chewed through in two places, had been taped up prior to shipping, chewed through that and then slightly through the outer shipping box.

That said, the shocks look perfectly fine.

Oddities from this deal is that Carondo is out of Germany. The eBay listing was for Australian dollars, converted to US dollars by eBay. Ebay showed them being shipped via Australian Air Post.

They were shipped from Germany via DHL.

I'm pretty stoked to get them for 447.00 shipped for the pair.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The thread about Monroe not making our parts any more got me to looking for a rear set.

I had already changed the fronts immediately after buying the car.

I noticed that listings from eBay shipping from Europe were much cheaper than ones from vendors here, even including the freight.

The vendor Carondo had a listing for 380.74 + 66.86 freight. Buried in the description it stated it was for two.

I emailed them asking that there were indeed two shocks for that price and they confirmed the next day.

I placed the order and about a week later they showed up.

These things are POORLY packaged by Monroe. The Monroe box was chewed through in two places, had been taped up prior to shipping, chewed through that and then slightly through the outer shipping box.

That said, the shocks look perfectly fine.

Oddities from this deal is that Carondo is out of Germany. The eBay listing was for Australian dollars, converted to US dollars by eBay. Ebay showed them being shipped via Australian Air Post.

They were shipped from Germany via DHL.

I'm pretty stoked to get them for 447.00 shipped for the pair.
I think you've officially found the cheapest source for our 4C. Nice job! :bow:
I'm tempted to buy some just to keep in reserve, even though I've already upgraded to KW V2s. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats pretty good, two years ago I bought my full set from Autodoc another German based store for my XC70 and that came in at $860US for the four.
At the time I believe the best I could find them for in the states was about $500 for just the fronts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts