SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a red 1992 940 Turbo wagon last weekend. It has 140,XXX miles. It's an automatic, and stock except for a blow off valve (which sounds awesome), and a boost gage. I'm not going to call this a build thread; as of I now I don't have any major performance upgrades planned. I'm going to customize it's appearance to my liking and repair the essentials first. I will try and update this thread as much as I can with pictures, changes, and future plans. Feel free to leave any questions or suggestions, I'm open to anything.

Pictures from the previous owner

I have only taken one picture so far, it's been insanely cold out recently (around a -20 wind chill for the past few days). I'll post some more when it gets warmer/as I make changes to the car.

Planned changes:
Remove that disgusting tint ASAP (I bought a steamer yesterday, I'm planning on removing it this weekend).
Install a roof rack (just ordered a Sportrack SR1001).
Dip the grille black.
Prancing moose grille sticker.
Replace a couple of burnt out bulbs.
Replace/restore fog light lenses.
Detail interior (it's been too cold/haven't had time yet).
Install a manual boost controller (previous owner gave me one, currently it's only running 6psi).
Bilstein shocks/struts.
Rectangle Hella fog lights on the front bumper.
Mud flaps.
Dip the chrome part of the handle on the trunk black?
Put some Pegs on it?
IPD sway bars?
IPD lowering springs?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the grille and roof rack on. Still hasn't been nice enough to take the tint off though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IPD lowering springs are currently on sale. Should I get some along with some new rims?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been a while since I've updated this thread. It was finally nice enough out to take the tint off.
Before

After

If you want quicker/extra updates, I made an instagram called 'volvo940wagon'.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nice start, do you have a local salvage yard in your area? I'm sure you could find some nice parts to replace some worn or broken pieces, taillights, trim, etc.

Looks good though!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice start, do you have a local salvage yard in your area? I'm sure you could find some nice parts to replace some worn or broken pieces, taillights, trim, etc.

Looks good though!
Yeah there's a decent number in my area, but the number of volvos in my area is extremely low. It's worth doing some searching though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loved this model

I too had a 940 Turbo mine was also red! Absolutely loved that car. I had a '95 RWD and man that thing was fun in the snow. Eventually, Wisconsin winters started to eat away at it. Finally sold it with 250,000 miles on it. I'm now driving a '98 V70 and miss that car so much... Enjoy the new ride though!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got a couple things done this weekend.
Installed some supertones

Yes I know they're not even, but I kind of like the look.
Used a cheap headlight restore kit on my fogs

Still not perfect obviously, but they definitely improved. They look a lot better in real life.
Also got the fuel pump fixed at the shop. I'm probably going to buy a set of 17" pegs for it, if I decide to make my bank account hate me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too had a 940 Turbo mine was also red! Absolutely loved that car. I had a '95 RWD and man that thing was fun in the snow. Eventually, Wisconsin winters started to eat away at it. Finally sold it with 250,000 miles on it. I'm now driving a '98 V70 and miss that car so much... Enjoy the new ride though!
Thanks man! These things are a blast in the snow, mine also has some good rust on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts