SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it goin everybody, im new in the forum. I own a 94 850 5speed, with about 210000 miles on her. Im lookin for a 850R. As soon as i find one with low miles, ill probably jump on it. My only problem is that im hooked on the 5 speed volvos. My buddy told me id have to take a drive to Canada to find an R with a manual. I was just wondering if there were any 850R's imported to the USA. Heres my car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: My 850 5 speed (volll850)

Pics dont seem to work...mybad

Modified by volll850 at 10:58 PM 4-6-2006

·
Registered
702 Posts
Re: My 850 5 speed (volll850)

If the info I have is correct (Volvo NA has never confirmed any of it), there were only 14 5-speed R's ever brought in by Volvo and all of those to Canada. These cars are to Canadian-spec and as such have the OBD2 plug but are not OBD2-compliant. In fact, I can't read my '96 with anything but a VST (Volvo Scan Tool), This fact has also been confirmed by Geevs on Volvospeed who has one of the Rs out in BC. So far Geevs and I have gotten info verifying the current existence of 7 (if I recall correctly) of the original 14.

So even though it would be, and is, cool having one of these cars, you are probably better off eCheck-wise going the conversion route.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info, One more question. Anybody out there that has successful converted their automatic to a manual, what would the price range be.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: (volll850)

i converted my 850 turbo to a manual but had bad luck and both the manual trannies i put in were bad. it cost me about 3 grand for parts and labor first time round. if you decide to do it make sure the tranny your putting in is good before you put it in or buy a re-built one from volvo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts