SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a almost perfect day for me with my new XC90, I have a friend of mine who also interested in the all new XC90, we met and showed how fantastic my xc90 *was*, after I show the roomy space, I started my engine, the warning message start pops up
1. SRS air bag error
2. CitySafe disabled
3. Driver support system reduced functionality
4. Headlamp system malfunction

tried restart the car, not working, tried shutdown the car and restart it after a little while- still not working.

the dealer's service department is not working on Sunday, so I have to drive my 6 days old but troubling me XC90 home WITHOUT at least airbag working!!!

I emailed Volvo, I will keep updating this thread to let all you folks know how Volvo/Dealer handling this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the exact thing happen when I picked up my new XC90 from the dealer. As it was late friday afternoon, their techs had gone for the day. My city safety is totally offline, and I get the airbag and headlamp warnings as well. I am slotted to get it fixed on Tuesday morning. I hope this is just a glitch and not the start of a painful saga!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the exact thing happen when I picked up my new XC90 from the dealer. As it was late friday afternoon, their techs had gone for the day. My city safety is totally offline, and I get the airbag and headlamp warnings as well. I am slotted to get it fixed on Tuesday morning. I hope this is just a glitch and not the start of a painful saga!
Thank you sir, do you know how they finally resolved this problem?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know. It started with a failure to load in the volvo on call functionality over the air. As it was raining very hard when I picked the car up, the update over the air didn't take. We noticed that city safety was offline then. I'm hoping that they can just reboot the whole thing or perhaps download a fresh copy of the OS or something. Not sure what they do in this situation. I have to say I'm very disappointed right now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know. It started with a failure to load in the volvo on call functionality over the air. As it was raining very hard when I picked the car up, the update over the air didn't take. We noticed that city safety was offline then. I'm hoping that they can just reboot the whole thing or perhaps download a fresh copy of the OS or something. Not sure what they do in this situation. I have to say I'm very disappointed right now.
Me too, I gonna try dig deeper if I can, as long as Volvo marketing for safety, but they failed on safety features, kinda of joke!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also suspect it may have something to do with the software they use in North America. We drove this car around Sweden and Norway with no issues with city safety or any other systems in the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Looking at problems reported here, it is fair to say there are software bugs and other glitches such as camera issues, found on more than single cars. This may a new issue found on you two's cars but not happening on earlier delivered cars. But it should be fixable for sure, from the symptom it looks like some sensor problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also suspect it may have something to do with the software they use in North America. We drove this car around Sweden and Norway with no issues with city safety or any other systems in the vehicle.
It could be, but I also mentioned there is a rattle sound around the left front passenger door/console. As long as those cars were ship here from Sweden by fleet for almost 30 days, hope it's not caused by a loose socket.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hope it gets sorted out for you soon. Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
The worst incident I read about so far is the OSD experience posted in OSD forum here, which is fuse box with cold soldering. Pretty bad component quality when it found its way into a vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hopeful they are software problems. good luck

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've seen this on other makes (BMW), when your dash lights up like a christmas tree, the modules did not get enough voltage and trigger off numerous warnings messages.
Since this is a 6 day old car - take it to the dealer and hint about them checking the battery(s) out (I understand the XC90 came with two batteries)

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's a problem

I've had my car in the volvo dealership for over 40 business days and they are no closer to finding a solution to this problem. Good luck

1 - 20 of 191 Posts