SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are trying to configure a XC90 T8 in the Swedish Build your own configurator, you are informed there are no more MY 2016 T8 available. The note tells you to contact your dealer for MY 2017 pricing and specs. MY16 D5 and T6 are still available. Has anyone heard any details what MY17 will bring?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I am more interested in what the MY 2017 price is going to be, maybe $2k more than 2016?

I am also curious, did they order more battery from vendor when see T8 order exceed expectation by a large margin?
Or the crystal gear knob is out of order now?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Wow interesting! I'm curious when you will be able to order 2017 MY and what additional features it will include?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
People are already ordering MY17 in Sweden...it's got a really nice 6,5K USD price increase :p. Deliveries around may 2016 according to the Swedish forum.
May 2016 is six months away and not too bad. But calling that a 2017 model is absurd. And what's nice about a $6,500 price rise?:confused:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh no... what is the price before and after increase?
Well, in Sweden it's going from 78K USD to 84k USD (List price, usually a good equipped will set you back around 100K USD)...but keep in mind we have good negotiation margins in Sweden. Rebate/Discounts on equipment and such... + around 4,5K USD in government "super environmental car" (all cars with or lower 49g of CO2/100 km) return.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Well, in Sweden it's going from 78K USD to 84k USD (List price, usually a good equipped will set you back around 100K USD)...but keep in mind we have good negotiation margins in Sweden. Rebate/Discounts on equipment and such...
$78k is roughly in the range for a T8 Inscription in US. If US price goes up so much many will go away from it. There is no discount at all...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
No info available, it should be out around april in Sweden at least. Doesn't the NA get MY16.5?
I haven't heard anything about a 2016.5 MY. I think that was a one-off thing for the 2015.5 XC60 as far as I understand.

Why is Volvo able to increase the price so substantially in Sweden? At $78K USD, is it that much cheaper than its German and British competitors in Sweden?

Is there anyone who has any insight on North American price hikes for the 2017 model year? $6.5K USD is massive, but hard to imagine they'd up it that much here. Right? Right?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I haven't heard anything about a 2016.5 MY. I think that was a one-off thing for the 2015.5 XC60 as far as I understand.

Why is Volvo able to increase the price so substantially in Sweden? At $78K USD, is it that much cheaper than its German and British competitors in Sweden?

Is there anyone who has any insight on North American price hikes for the 2017 model year? $6.5K USD is massive, but hard to imagine they'd up it that much here. Right? Right?
78K USD is the list price, you need to pay at least 95k USD for a well equipped one. I would guess a maximum of 3K USD increase for NA.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Remember that most of the standard equipment on an Inscription in the US you have to pay extra for, á la carte, in Sweden. Is i a lot cheaper in the US, before and after the increase. But a $6,5K increase is a lot!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Remember that most of the standard equipment on an Inscription in the US you have to pay extra for, á la carte, in Sweden. Is i a lot cheaper in the US, before and after the increase. But a $6,5K increase is a lot!
Well, to your point, if they simply decided that everyone was buying a bunch of a la carte features on every model they sold in Sweden, and they made these features standard, and then increased the price as a result, then that's not really as big a deal vs. if they simply charging more for the same model and you still have to pay extra for all the features.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts