SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, returning from work, I decided to take the long way home (go figure.)
Hit a puddle, lost control, I definitely over corrected, went airborne and struck a telephone pole. Thanks to the excessesively rainy conditions, my car kept going before digging in perpendicular to my momentum, and I rolled about 3-4 times. I completely uprooted and shattered the telephone pole, dug quite a few holes in the ground, my RR wheel came completely off; needless to say, it was a pretty violent crash.
Once the car stopped moving, I unbuckled, opened the door, and walked to the nearest house... It was general consensus among the EMTs that I'm incredibly lucky to even be alive, let alone walking away with only a mark where the seat belt was across my chest.

Everything on the car worked as it was supposed to; airbags, side curtains, WIPS, etc... I just can't believe it, really.

My phone got thrown from the car, so no pics ATM, but I'll post some when I get them.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Wow, where'd this happen?

Glad you're OK! You should post this to the "Volvo saved my life" web site.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
WOW! Glad you are okay! And glad the car did what it was supposed to do...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got some pictures. Workers at the tow company didn't believe I was alive, you can imagine their surprise when I showed up relatively unharmed. Guess it wasn't my time to go.

·
Premium Member
19,952 Posts
Miracle in the mud - nice to be alive, ain't it?!

Who managed to get that RR wheel re-mounted?

George Dill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bit of a typo, meant the right front. Would be a bit of a waste to fix anything, it's completely totaled.

·
Official VCNA Account
66 Posts
Oh wow, that is definitely a scary accident. We're really glad to hear that you're OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts