SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rear ended on my way to work and although the damage doesn't look that bad insurance wants to write the car off.
I have an IPD skid plate, IPD intercooler hoses and IPD cat back Oval exhaust that I could take of if anyone is interested.
I also have a set of black pegasus wheels with bridgestone winter tires on them that are only ~25% worn so if anyone wants those let me know.
Happy to sell all of these at reasonable prices to a good home.
This is a sad day. I have had the car since 2004 and put 130,0000 miles on her.
Any suggestions about what to replace her with?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Other parts that could be available include LED driving lights (PIAA from IPD) a Grom bluetooth interface (replaces CD changer) and a swing down genuine volvo dog guard/grille for the back. And volvo rubber winter mats. Everything must go!

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Sorry for your loss - 15 years with a car is a long time. :( Hopefully you weren't hurt.

What to replace it with? That's hard to answer without a little guidance as to what things you're looking for in another car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another station wagon, I will look at the V90 but probably a Mercedes E class I suppose unfortunately not an E63 but the E400 looks good and the E450 has a bit more power. I wasn't hurt. The other car came of much worse than mine. Its just sad because I was very attached to the V70R.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. VRs seem to be dropping like flies these days. Sounds like you had a good run with her though.

Are you buying the car back and parting it out? Location would help for potential buyers of your stuff.

The only cars I could consider at this point if I lost my VR would be another VR or an E63 AMG wagon.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Another station wagon, I will look at the V90 but probably a Mercedes E class I suppose unfortunately not an E63 but the E400 looks good and the E450 has a bit more power. I wasn't hurt. The other car came of much worse than mine. Its just sad because I was very attached to the V70R.
The E Class and the V90 are both really good options though in order to get the former equipped like the latter it will cost a bit more. I haven't driven either of them but I would probably be more interested in the E Class.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Lexington KY. I could keep the car and part it out but at the moment I was thinking about just taking off the after market parts. But if there is interest the insurance did give me the option of keeping the car. The problem is that the body shop think there is structural damage to the frame that will be difficult to repair. Its been a great car and I have looked after it. I replaced the 4C suspension system with new struts all round and a bunch of other suspension parts for example. I would feel a lot better about the whole situation if the car could live on by keeping other VRs on the road :)

Yes, the E63 is a beast but very heavy- I have only driven the sedan version. I have a Lotus Evora if I want to go fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It sucks your car has frame damage and you can't keep it on the road... I just purchased an s60r less than 2 months ago and I am really enjoying the Volvo community. Assuming all P2 chassis parts are interchangeable I would be willing to take the book of all of your add-ons in some type of package deal pretty much everything but the wheels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd be very interested in the winter wheels/tires, the Grom, and Driving lights phone 773-860-5142

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got rear ended on my way to work and although the damage doesn't look that bad insurance wants to write the car off.
I have an IPD skid plate, IPD intercooler hoses and IPD cat back Oval exhaust that I could take of if anyone is interested.
I also have a set of black pegasus wheels with bridgestone winter tires on them that are only ~25% worn so if anyone wants those let me know.
Happy to sell all of these at reasonable prices to a good home.
This is a sad day. I have had the car since 2004 and put 130,0000 miles on her.
Any suggestions about what to replace her with?
I’d go for a V60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar. 335hp, AWD, and there are quite a few sitting on dealer lots. You could even go for a V60 T8 Polestar if you wanted.
It’s also a 4 Cylinder, so it will be much better on gas than any Mercedes or VR.
Cheers!!

SVA

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the advice. My local Volvo dealer never has any of these. Essentially all of their stock is the XC models with a rare V90XC from time to time. But I will look around.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts