SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did have a service code-overboost malfunction. So I changed the boost solenoid valve. My engine light went out, but I didn't gain any power. Take off is ok, but when I hit 2nd gear it sort of sputters. After it hits 3rd its okay again and runs fine on the highway. Does anyone think this could be the injectors??

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are far more qualified folks than me but I'd grab a vacuum/boost gauge (or use an ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 adapter + Torque android app) and start learning what's happening. You may have an ECM that could use a reset. Check the entire intake system, pre and post turbo, for leaks. I'm not thinking injectors. Just thoughts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have a broken vacuum line behind the cylinder head on the driver side. Comes from turbo control valve and goes to a third valve that feeds both turbos

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Vista winner 20. You were exactly right. I was on a mission today to find that leak, and it was just where you said it would be. Gonna replace it tomorrow. It was in a short piece of vaccum line (around 3 inches) just past the valve that connects to the turbos. Directly behind the upper motor mount. I will replace that too, the rubber is gone. Was thinkin about trading off the Volvo, and I'm so excited that I might get to put many more miles on it. I love the Swedish engineering, and it goes like a tank in the snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts