*Copied from bottom of the thread*
Alright, I'll do my best to sum this up. I will update on this whenever I find more answers:
To add MY2003 headlamps to our 98-00 S/V/C70s we will need to:
1. purchase 2003 housings
- approx cost is: $ 230~240.00 each
- correct part numbers are [xxxxxx] .....will update this one later
- recommended dealer/vendor is: Borton, Dennis is on vacation, when he gets back I will find out if he can source the ECE one which has H7 bulbs. The guy really has his ways around ordering European spec volvo parts at discount prices.
2. purchase H11 bulbs, approx cost is: NONE, it comes with the housing already, unless you want to purchase aftermarket ones.
3. ?? change the 98-00 plug to connect to new bulbs ??
So far I can't see why you would, but I can confirm this if anyone is willing to meet up with me and compare the housings. I don't even know where my old plugs are after I change to HIDs.
4. ?? purchase 2003 corner lenses to complete the look ??
Could be done, but at this point I'm after the projector project. And I think even without the '03 clear corners would be fine...something like E36 with ECE corners look if you keep the old corners.
5. ?? going HID with these lenses is still up in the air ??
As mentioned, at this point, I'll wait for HIDs4Less' Mike's feedback once he gets the housing. If we are looking more than reasonable $$$ to do the conversion for projectors I'll ask them to just simply make H11 base HID bulbs for me to use with my current K2 kit.