SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I taught my daughter how to drive in my '00 V70R wagon and she always insisted it was ugly and for old people. Well, she's 20 now and surprised me the other day when she asked if she could borrow it. I asked what was wrong with her car ('17 S60) and she said she's going to watch Spider-Man Far from Home at the drive-in movies with some girl friends and said my car would be perfect for that.

I showed her how to fold down the rear seats and off she went. As she was driving away I was thinking how she finally sees my car as being cool. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Or at least functional ;) :p

But hey, we think your car is cool! :partywave: :cool:

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Wagons don’t exist anymore besides among us. JaredRs having the same experience

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
That’s great! My 20 year old girlfriend thinks my wagon is lame . She’s love the S60 though so whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,685 Posts
Wagons don’t exist anymore besides among us. JaredRs having the same experience
Indeed. Shortly after I got the S60 last summer, I threatened to take it on a road trip instead of my T-5R and the girls were like NOOOOOOO. One of my other friends told me this summer he thought the T-5R was "swag." Lol. And we're talking mostly college aged city kids who know nothing about cars, most of whom don't even have driver's licenses.

In 10 years, I think we might actually be as cool as we think we are driving around in our fast estate cars.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Indeed. Shortly after I got the S60 last summer, I threatened to take it on a road trip instead of my T-5R and the girls were like NOOOOOOO. One of my other friends told me this summer he thought the T-5R was "swag." Lol. And we're talking mostly college aged city kids who know nothing about cars, most of whom don't even have driver's licenses.

In 10 years, I think we might actually be as cool as we think we are driving around in our fast estate cars.
LOL

My 4-year olds favorite car of ours is the 740. Besides the XC90, it's also the only car of mine I let the kids in, so... lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
My 19 y/o daughter has been driving my '98 V70 T5 for about a year, essentially her her car now, she loves it, may it keep her safe for years to come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts