SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have my car's CEM cracked and ready to go, I'm working on what I should do through VDASH. Since the documentation is a bit spotty, I thought I'd all here what others have done and see what you all consider the "must do" changes. My own initial list are here:

- Enable global open/close
- Speed limiter removal
- DVD all-speed enable (maybe... unlikely I'd ever use it, mostly an amusement to show others)
- Disable TCM neutral control (unsure if this would be as beneficial for the TF 80SC as it was for the AW-55)

What else can it do that might be useful?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Now that I have my car's CEM cracked and ready to go, I'm working on what I should do through VDASH. Since the documentation is a bit spotty, I thought I'd all here what others have done and see what you all consider the "must do" changes. My own initial list are here:

- Speed limiter removal
- DVD all-speed enable (maybe... unlikely I'd ever use it, mostly an amusement to show others)
- Disable TCM neutral control (unsure if this would be as beneficial for the TF 80SC as it was for the AW-55)

For me the addition of rear park assist, rear camera, premium audio and rear heated seats was a very useful.

Others may find the ability to upgrade to the TFT speedometer useful.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

- Speed limiter removal

For me the addition of rear park assist, rear camera, premium audio and rear heated seats was a very useful.

Others may find the ability to upgrade to the TFT speedometer useful.
Good options all. I should have mentioned that I'm particularly interested in purely software adjustments rather than activations that required new hardware. The rear heated seats are an interesting possible addition though.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Has anyone increased the heated seat profile? I know you can bump up the temperature a couple degrees using VIDA but there is also a next higher heating profile setting that can be changed using VDASH. Just curious if this would make a difference. One of the things I love about our BMW are the instantly warm heats. In fact, they can get down right hot with in about a minute. Very nice on those freezing winter mornings.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Unless you're trying to push the boy racer out, not sure that disabling speed limiter is worth the $125 they are now charging for it.

I believe they also raised the price of DVD setting.

I found remote start to be useful here in the dead of winter. But that's in the cold mid-atlantic/Northeast.

My other updates were with disabling TPMS (since I don't have sensors), enabling the auto light switch, and TFT. Beyond that, there probably weren't other really useful settings that warranted a purchase or bundle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
is there any way to enable the Sport mode inte the geartronic on a 2011 D3 FWD, there is a sport mode on the xc70 d3 awd 2011. I believe it is just a software...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I did not, instead opting for bumping up the adjustment of the high setting in VIDA from 40 to 42 (I believe). It is hot enough.
I had the dealer do this years ago and it definitely made a difference.
I don't think you can get it to BMW speed/temp. Those things are wicked!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless you're trying to push the boy racer out, not sure that disabling speed limiter is worth the $125 they are now charging for it.

I found remote start to be useful here in the dead of winter. But that's in the cold mid-atlantic/Northeast.

My other updates were with disabling TPMS (since I don't have sensors), enabling the auto light switch, and TFT. Beyond that, there probably weren't other really useful settings that warranted a purchase or bundle.
I do a few DE days a year at a local track so bumping the limiter up from 130 is an attempt to avoid having the car hit the limiter before the end of the front straight.

I'd forgotten the auto light switch... How well does that function for you? I'm always a bit skeptical of automatic headlight systems because they always seem to me to get confused by trees and intermittent shade.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The neutral control feature doesn't not have any impact on the TF80SC. I have tried it.

I enabled remote start and raised speed limiter.

I would also like to enable global open / sunroof at some point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

I do a few DE days a year at a local track so bumping the limiter up from 130 is an attempt to avoid having the car hit the limiter before the end of the front straight.
I’m surprised that you do driving events and yet you mention elsewhere that you are selling your TDI box because you don’t feel a difference with it. I say this because I, too, am frustrated by the 130mph governor, but in my case, it never really bothered me until I added the TDI box after a few other bolt ons, because now with the TDI box my car is clearly so much faster in the upper gears and can run up to that limiter very easily. That was not the case for me before the TDI box when the car felt downright anemic after around 80mph. Now it’s a rocket at triple digit speeds. Have you run your TDI box on the track yet? Do you have other supporting mods? 93 octane gas? Sorry to go slightly off topic but if the 130mph limiter is a concern, I’d think reducing your speed potential by ditching the TDI box you already own might be moving in the wrong direction 😉

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I’m surprised that you do driving events and yet you mention elsewhere that you are selling your TDI box because you don’t feel a difference with it. I say this because I, too, am frustrated by the 130mph governor, but in my case, it never really bothered me until I added the TDI box after a few other bolt ons, because now with the TDI box my car is clearly so much faster in the upper gears and can run up to that limiter very easily. That was not the case for me before the TDI box when the car felt downright anemic after around 80mph. Now it’s a rocket at triple digit speeds. Have you run your TDI box on the track yet? Do you have other supporting mods? 93 octane gas? Sorry to go slightly off topic but if the 130mph limiter is a concern, I’d think reducing your speed potential by ditching the TDI box you already own might be moving in the wrong direction 😉
You've got me confused with someone else; I don't have a TDI box. 😄

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Whoops, haha. Well, maybe you *should* get one so I didn’t type all that for nothing, lol.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whoops, haha. Well, maybe you *should* get one so I didn’t type all that for nothing, lol.
I think I'd go with a Hilton tune instead of TDI; I've got an irrational dislike of piggyback systems from my experience on motorcycles. Too many friends with piggyback systems that work great right up until they don't, at which point they have a hell of a time tracking down what's actually wrong because of the way the piggyback unit intercepts and manipulates the signalling to the ECM, which then cannot properly data log. I'd rather wait a few months longer to save up for the Hilton when it comes to that. At the moment the next mod is a toss-up between new wheels (the PO believed in parallel parking by ear - when the wheel was grinding against the curb, the car was parked) or a turbo-back exhaust.

Or I might pause on the S60 for a bit and finally throw serious money into the true project...
U39UCYTl.jpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
Out of interest those who have activated remote start how do you start it? With a button on the OEM key fob?

944 Turbo - I drove one of those up through the hills once, very nicely balanced car!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Out of interest those who have activated remote start how do you start it? With a button on the OEM key fob?

944 Turbo - I drove one of those up through the hills once, very nicely balanced car!
Press lock, hold the light button for 3 seconds.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Here's my list:

- TFT retrofit
- R Design theme
- DVD activate 250 km/h limit
- Alarm + interior sensor
- Extended trip computer
Curious about the alarm. What did you need to add to activate the interior sensor alarm? I thought my car had this where the dome light is but as it turns out... I do not. Can you just add the sensor?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Curious about the alarm. What did you need to add to activate the interior sensor alarm? I thought my car had this where the dome light is but as it turns out... I do not. Can you just add the sensor?

It's very easy: Check if your car has alarm preparation. Remove the interior light above the seats. If you see a small grenn connector there you're all set. Get a new interior light housing and an interior sensor.
Find a siren and make sure it has the inclination sensor. Remove the protection cover of the left front wheel. There you see also an unused connector. Connect the siren, add software and you're all set.

·
Registered
775 Posts
It's very easy: Check if your car has alarm preparation. Remove the interior light above the seats. If you see a small grenn connector there you're all set. Get a new interior light housing and an interior sensor.
Find a siren and make sure it has the inclination sensor. Remove the protection cover of the left front wheel. There you see also an unused connector. Connect the siren, add software and you're all set.
Cool! Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts