SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After much waiting, my PhMIC arrived. And yes, I admit, I murdered it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nice! Now put that thing on and get us moar pics!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not the Baltimore way.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Lived in Laurel MD for a 2 years, will be back there end of March to drop off my son to see his mother for 5 days...

Nice FMIC, now get it on!

Only downside to painting the FMIC is the inevitability of it chipping and eventually look like the space/stars scene over time.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True. I just couldn't justify spending the cream to get it anodized and I thought PC would mess up the cooling properties. I used Eastwood Satin Black Radiator Paint. It uses carbon black, so it still has good heat conducting properties.

·
Registered
252 Posts
True. I just couldn't justify spending the cream to get it anodized and I thought PC would mess up the cooling properties. I used Eastwood Satin Black Radiator Paint. It uses carbon black, so it still has good heat conducting properties.
how is the paint job on it holding up? i want to get a FMIC but i want a black one not silver.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm trying to black out my PhMIC too.. let me know how it holds up

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
To all that are blacking it out, which is also what I did, I used Eastwood Gloss Black Radiator Paint. I have refreshed it once in about 24 months and it has held up beautifully. Scuffing the plates with some 200-300 grit SP, then wiping with Paint Prep or rubbing alchol helped with adehsion im sure.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
If the thin amount of paint designed for a radiator on the face is hurting any if at all it is still ALOT better than the twin stock setup. I had both my Phuz and Victory FMICs painted and the output is right on with others that haven't painted them. Unless you are dipping the whole thing in paint, front and back I think it is negligible to give it a stealth coat. But to each there own. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts

Looks good brother...once I can figure out which FMIC I want, I'll have it anodized black as well. :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

Dayummm. That won't survive the streets of the county...

410/443 Represent

·
6,436 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emissivity

Cliff's notes: a darker surface will radiate energy more effectively than a shiny one. Hence, why almost all OEM intercoolers and radiators have a black coating.
yes and all, and it will give you a 0.2 sec advantage at the track...BUT I think shiny intercoolers look way cooler :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hhhmm. I dunno man....don't you wanna proudly show off your FMIC? Why paint it?
Anybody that knows what an FMIC is and what it does, with a trained eye, can tell that I have one installed. My exhaust alone makes me stand out. I don't need anything else to make me stick out. If I wanna show it off, I can do so at a meet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts