SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2008 C30 with about 88k miles on it.

Last week after attempting to install a boost gauge and changing out my gauge cluster to a Euro Spec one, I put my battery back in to find out it was dead. Also the boost gauge ended up having a faulty pod so I ended up not installing it. No problem, went and got a new battery. All is well.

Since then I have been having a random issue when starting the car. At times when I put the key in the into position 2 it takes a few seconds to get power to the car. And it gets power then loses. And I get random warnings like Anti Skid, Brake warning, power steering service required. I then try and start the car and nothing and lose power for a second. Some times it starts and then stalls for a second and starts back up.

This doesn't happen every time.

Any idea where to start first?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I would first check the contacts. It's possible they don't seat well enough and the car isn't getting the proper juice on start.

It's also possible they did not give you a battery completely charged. If you haven't drove a good long distance the battery may never had a chance to be fully charged and these cars apparently have issues with weak batteries.

Lastly, it's possible your alternator is not working properly which would have been an issu even before changing the battery.

The best first is to have your battery checked if you can't do it yourself.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd say it's the battery as well!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the battery is all good. Cleaned the connections as well.

I seem to have found a way around the issue. If I turn the key into the II position and just wait 10 seconds or so the car starts right up no problem.

Could there be an issue with the starter getting power? bad relay?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts