SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reported the following to Volvo Customer Care via email this past weekend. Given all that is going on, I've understandably not yet had a reply. Simply FYI for others here that at least one of us with a 2020 T8 is having oddities since the last iOS VoC App update was made available in the App Store.

Since updating to VoC App version 4.8.2 (with no other changes to my iPhone), multiple charging complete notifications are being sent. This has never occurred before the latest update — only a single proper completion notification until the last couple of days. Since Volvo does not provide a T8 with charging schedules here in the US (that’s sad), my external charger turns on from 00:00 to 05:00 when my electrical rates are lowest.

See photo attached for an example that is now happening every night, albeit notification times vary while power is available to my T8.

2020 XC60 T8
iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 13.4
VoC App 4.8.2

IMG_0007.jpeg

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another Problem Isolation data point:

My Chargepoint wall charger maintains a log of actual kWH delivered to my T8 each day.

As I would expect, after a couple days not driving my T8, there appears to be a correlation when my T8 does not actually begin a charging cycle, no charging notifications appear via VoC to my iPhone. IOW, just because power is made available to the T8, no messages appear when it's not used for charging.

OTOH, when power is made available by my wall charger AND my T8 does decides it needs to top itself off, multiple completion notifications now appear as described in post #1 above -- albeit a different number of notifications, with no pattern of times between each series.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strike It Up to a Gremlin

After more than a week of problems as originally reported, in my last two T8 charging cycles, "charging complete" notifications have gone back to normal. I made no changes from my end to T8, iOS, or VoC app software or settings. ODD.

For now, I've moved on, and will just believe the failures were some Volvo server-side issue out of my control that were resolved. ;)

Peace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
T8 Charging + Battery Issues

I have also had issues with these messages, and have also had issues with the app saying it needs less time to charge than it really does, and then showing a ---- for time until charge complete. I also just had to have my hybrid battery replaced with around 1K miles. I am nervous that there are issues with the charging cable or I am not doing something right? This is my first time owning a Volvo and a hybrid so I am not sure what I should be expecting!

Tara

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also had issues with these messages, and have also had issues with the app saying it needs less time to charge than it really does, and then showing a ---- for time until charge complete. I also just had to have my hybrid battery replaced with around 1K miles. I am nervous that there are issues with the charging cable or I am not doing something right? This is my first time owning a Volvo and a hybrid so I am not sure what I should be expecting!

Tara
Don't be nervous. I've been driving hybrids and EVs since 2005. You're under warranty, so if there is another unlikely battery issue, it will be handled. Additionally, the hybrid system and battery have at least 8 year warranty here in the US -- in CA and the other ~12-14 States that follow our CARB rules (unsure if CO does), that goes up to 10 years, so likely longer than most of us will own this ride.

IDK if the spurious messages are tied to our physical battery or not. While my duplicates came and mysteriously disappeared as I documented upthread, with not a single other person reporting the same problem here until you, and Volvo Customer Care never seeing this problem either ... in the past week, I've two more instances of the duplicate "charging complete" messages at random times after it was likely truly complete. I frankly am just ignoring the VoC dupe messages problem for now -- as much as a perfectionist as I can be, I'm just trying to let this nuisance go and move on to more important matters. It's definitely not something that reporting to a dealership will help provide us any solace or resolution -- IMO it's too tied to software well beyond what a dealer has any skill to resolve. You can bet though, if I do ever have more battery/hybrid problems, I will bring up the duplicate messages issues and provide date/time/screenshots of a couple examples (suggest you do the same).

Good luck with your T8. Enjoy a great ride, and be safe and well out there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts