SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home today in my
MY17 XC90 T6 inscription was stopped at a traffic light out of no where tones started and a laundry list of faults and system failures went off. Vehicle seemed to perform properly. Appointment first thing tomorrow morning service rep’s response to explanation was “that’s strange haven’t heard that one before”. Should I be worried or is this a reboot issue?

·
Registered
413 Posts
On the way home today in my
MY17 XC90 T6 inscription was stopped at a traffic light out of no where tones started and a laundry list of faults and system failures went off. Vehicle seemed to perform properly. Appointment first thing tomorrow morning service rep’s response to explanation was “that’s strange haven’t heard that one before”. Should I be worried or is this a reboot issue?
There's not enough detail there for you to get any sensible responses on here. Come back to us after you've been to the dealer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where were the fault messages displayed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where were the fault messages displayed?
They appeared first on dash display, one after the other. Then they were listed on center screen display:
ABS failure
Acceleration failure
Transmission failure
Wiper failure
Brake failure
turn signal fault

you can replace fault/failure where applicable. At the dealer now, when I fired up this morning no messages appeared at all, and nothing on the way to the dealership(10 min drive) but it happen twice yesterday within a couple of minutes of each other. No performance issues either at any point, just unsettling when your dash lights up like a pinball machine.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That does seem unsettling. And it seems that they aren't really related to each other. Hopefully it isn't a chewed up wire; sometimes rodents etc. can do quite a lot of damage to vehicle wiring, and replacing small sections may not be possible.

Is the vehicle parked outside overnight?

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
They are very likely related to each other. You may need a steering wheel module and software update. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That does seem unsettling. And it seems that they aren't really related to each other. Hopefully it isn't a chewed up wire; sometimes rodents etc. can do quite a lot of damage to vehicle wiring, and replacing small sections may not be possible.

Is the vehicle parked outside overnight?
Nope parked in locked garage from day 1

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Seems loose wire connection / harness contact problem somewhere to me, ground and power pins especially. It is enemy of electric system.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
641 Posts
Couldn't a failing battery also cause this issue with voltage drops to the various modules?

·
Registered
18 Posts
This sounds similar to what I experienced a few months ago. I started my car up at work and I had multiple system failure including the IntelliSafe, navigation being way off course and rear camera not working.

I brought it into the dealer the very next day and they said it was part of a software update recall. I got my car back the next day and all has been well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This sounds similar to what I experienced a few months ago. I started my car up at work and I had multiple system failure including the IntelliSafe, navigation being way off course and rear camera not working.

I brought it into the dealer the very next day and they said it was part of a software update recall. I got my car back the next day and all has been well.
Complete reboot at dealer and everything has been fine thus far

1 - 11 of 11 Posts