SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I just can't use the search correctly, but I couldn't find what I was looking for even though i'm sure it is on here somewhere. So, my 2004 S60R is Black Sapphire Metallic, and the wheels have a little curb rash on them, so I have 3 options. 1 - fix them and paint them the stock color, 2 - fix them and paint them the same color as the rest of the car (which is what i'm going to do to the moldings), 3 - fix them and paint them some form of gun metal. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, I had asked before but got nothing, so what intake would everyone recommend? I think I am going to cut out the resonator and muffler, and just have straight pipe after the cat (I have the exhaust taken off now for repairs, and it sounds really nice just really loud, hopefully it will quiet down a bit after the pipe is back on there). and I wanted to put a blow off valve on it, so I would obviously need a new pipe and then the BOV itself, I really like the sound of the HKS Super Sequential. I have started work on her and am hoping to be done within the next couple weeks. I will post up a new thread with start to finish once it's done. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?180976-New-S60R-owner!!
there is my original post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was also wondering if anybody had done a transmission swap? And if so, how much did it cost and how much was involved?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
For starters, if you have multiple questions, break them down into paragraphs or bullets, easier to answer them. :)

1. What question about the wheels do you really have?? Fix or replace, really the only two options... weigh the cost based on your budget. Fixed is usually cheaper than new, aftermarket is seldom cheaper than new pending on your wants.
2. Intake - well, I went with AMS, I like the look, I like how it took up the dead space, I like how I got a great deal on it and I did the hood vent the same time.
3. I personally wouldn't do straight pipe or recommend it, cutting the resonator out is common and something I would recommend.
4. BOV, because you have an 04, pending on where you want to mount the BOV, you may not need to buy a new pipe. I am using the stock pipe and flange welded on, its a VolvoTista kit but any very experienced welder (since its cast aluminum) can do it. Then you'll need to purchase a block off plate, ViVA sells one, to block the factory recirc - though you don't need to but it's highly recommended.
5. Transmission swap - someone else can answer that. I haven't seen one done on an SR personally or seen threads about it done on an SR. On other Volvos using SR/VR motors (from an actual SR 2.5, not that they're any different from the others physically in outter size) but still.

GL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, I am not interested in buying new wheels, I am going to fix the curb rash and paint them, I was inquiring as to what people have found that would look best on that color, or if anyone had pictures like the above response.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Here is a pic of my car with black pegs:

mmm...sexy

did you paint them just black or paint match to black sapph?

Oh, and cut your foglight grilles or buy the open ones. You're welcome ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts