SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Multicolor ambient lighting

11K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  unhperry 
#1 ·
Currently the ambient lighting has only one color, will software update enable multicolor ambient lighting?

#2 ·
If you're talking the ambient lighting beneath the wood accents (or steel accents on R design etc) around the dash and doors, most likely no, it is meant to be natural ambient lighting the way it is.

The multi-color ambient lighting comes as part of a package and are LEDs in the ceiling, one between the front map lights and one found near each second row reading lamp in the roof liner. The ambient lighting I mentioned above may even be part of that same package, not 100% right now because for one, it's been a long time since I read about all that and two, I got a FE which came with everything.

#7 ·
Yeah, as I described, you cannot change those and it is highly doubtful those will be made multi-color. It's the 3 small ones I've mentioned that are meant to be multi-color.

#6 ·
Yep, those are the multi-color lights. There are settings in the menu under lighting that changes intensity etc but I'd have to mess with it to see if it changes all ambient lighting intensity, just the door and dash ambient lighting, the multicolor ones etc. Play around with the settings.

#11 ·
Ok. People are calling it all ambient lighting but Volvo distinguishes between the two. The AMBIENT lighting is the "natural light" (yellow-whitish color) that is around the dash and door trims as well as foot well areas. The MOOD lighting is the one that changes color and those are 3 LEDs - one in the front map lights and 2 in the rear map lights. The AMBIENT lighting color cannot be changed - not even with a software update. They only used white color LEDs to light those areas. The AMBIENT lighting is the one that you can change intensity of - Low or High or Off.

#12 ·
In my inscription you can vary the intensity of the mood lights (high-low) and decide if you want a fix color or let it vary with temperature. Alas I've never seen it vary with temp sofar, let's see what happens after the software update...

#13 ·
I'm surprised and disappointed Volvo didn't do something more interesting with the ambient lighting! Our 2015 F150 has pretty cool LED ambient lighting with 7 different colours!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.