SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the multi spoke wheel was standard on the '93 classics, but was it an option on non classic '93 wagons? I found a non classic for sale with the multi spoke and was just curious if they were replaced or if this was a standard upgrade option? Thx

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Pretty well all rims with RWD offset, rim width, and correct stud hole layout could be an up-grade over stock steelies. :)

Oh yeah, the rim with tires on has to be able to be stuffed in the wheel holes without rubbing. :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I know the multi spoke wheel was standard on the '93 classics, but was it an option on non classic '93 wagons? I found a non classic for sale with the multi spoke and was just curious if they were replaced or if this was a standard upgrade option? Thx
Welcome to Swedespeed, Chris.

The multi-x wheel on the '93 240 classic was an option on the '91 USA 240 SE...

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=71061

...so if you buy the Volvo please return with pics.

Thanks.

George Dill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops missed your post there George, thanks for the info and for the welcome! So if I read that correctly on a non classic '93 it would not have been an option?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Oops missed your post there George, thanks for the info and for the welcome! So if I read that correctly on a non classic '93 it would not have been an option?
The last-year 240 (1993), Classic or not, was available with any of eight wheels (dealer add-on) including the multi-x wheel for the Classic.

George Dill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I ended up buying it so I will post some pics soon ;) It supposedly has a newer transmission replaced a few years ago- I do notice now though that the shift into second can be hard, if accelerating harder it is less pronounced- I also notice that it sometimes won't downshift when I put the pedal to the floor, like when going up a slight hill, but I can manually down shift it- could this be a kickdown cable issue? Trans fluid level looks good-

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'd check/adjust the kickdown cable first as it's the easiest check. After that would be to check/adjust the gear selector, and then the shifter bushings. If these don't fix it you may be into tranny issues. And for the shifter bushings, change them all not just the ones that look bad because you may have to do the others soon after. Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts