SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I'm looking in the real near future to get a custom exhaust up and running on my SR. I can never tell what muffler is most popular or what sounds the best. Trying to figure out pricing and supplies I have to by such as muffler/cat etc.

Can you guys post your muffler you use on your car and any info/clips you may have?

And if you use an aftermarket cat that to please.

Just trying to figure this out once and do all!!

Thanks guys! And gals!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I too will be putting together a custom catback along with a OBX downpipe. I was looking at the Borla and Magnaflow mufflers. I just wonder what size fits in the stock muffler location.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Get an OBX Cat back system....I didnt get the OBX downpipe due to california emission rules, but the cat back system from OBX is pretty good...Its all bolt on and T304 stainless steel, mandrel bent 2" tubing....THis is pretty much identical to the EST exhaust system that runs from almost 900$ + shipping....THe obx costed me 350$ because I live close to their warehouse and picked it up instead....The welds are pretty good...The only downside was that, since it was a bolt-on, i thought that I as able to do it right myself the first time, but it actually, the 2 pipes were about 1.5" longer which thru off the whole alignment of the exhaust, so i went to a muffler shop and cut down the pipes and they managed to fit it perfect for an additional 50$ since i already had it mounted underneath the car....so over all cost to me was 400$....That versus the 900$ EST exhaust system....i think it was definitely worth it...save myself 500$ :) The sound on the car sounds slightly noticable, the cabin noise is just perfect and its not distubing. It doesnt make a loud gurggle noise nor that big drone. Other than that, i rate it a 4 out 5 stars!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have a magnaflow it sounds like this:

Brrm, brrrrm, brrraaap....

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Get an OBX Cat back system....I didnt get the OBX downpipe due to california emission rules, but the cat back system from OBX is pretty good...Its all bolt on and T304 stainless steel, mandrel bent 2" tubing....THis is pretty much identical to the EST exhaust system that runs from almost 900$ + shipping....THe obx costed me 350$ because I live close to their warehouse and picked it up instead....The welds are pretty good...The only downside was that, since it was a bolt-on, i thought that I as able to do it right myself the first time, but it actually, the 2 pipes were about 1.5" longer which thru off the whole alignment of the exhaust, so i went to a muffler shop and cut down the pipes and they managed to fit it perfect for an additional 50$ since i already had it mounted underneath the car....so over all cost to me was 400$....That versus the 900$ EST exhaust system....i think it was definitely worth it...save myself 500$ :) The sound on the car sounds slightly noticable, the cabin noise is just perfect and its not distubing. It doesnt make a loud gurggle noise nor that big drone. Other than that, i rate it a 4 out 5 stars!

If anything replace those tips! The rest looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
If anything replace those tips! The rest looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really think so? I dunno...i only cut them down like an inch down because they sticking out quite a bit from the back. I mean they look fine...

·
Registered
3,416 Posts

Looks soo like TME to me.. How is the sound?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a brand new 3" Magnaflow muffler in the box for sale $50 plus shipping....pm me

·
Registered
57 Posts
I will let you know model number and dimensions as soon as I get home...

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have an evolve exhaust w/ resonator delete. Picked it up for $400 in the classifieds. Just to give you a comparison to the borlas/magnaflows etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
magnaflow 11249

·
Registered
57 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts