SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with replacement for stock muffler with either Magnaflow, Flowmaster or ?

Thanks

·
Registered
877 Posts
Your best bet would be to just search it on youtube. I deleted the resonator, and got a borla pro xs and had that for a while but it was never loud enough for me so i got a 3in turboback custom exhaust with a borla xr-1. As far as brands I wouldnt go with anything besides my borla or straight pipe, but Im sure there are some magnaflow and flow master users on the forum...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your best bet would be to just search it on youtube. I deleted the resonator, and got a borla pro xs and had that for a while but it was never loud enough for me so i got a 3in turboback custom exhaust with a borla xr-1. As far as brands I wouldnt go with anything besides my borla or straight pipe, but Im sure there are some magnaflow and flow master users on the forum...
Thanks for you comments. I just started looking into a mod for my exhaust and have checked out EST, Elevate and Vida, did you consider any of these systems ? I also checked out a few mainstream exhaust shops up here in Vancouver Canada e.g. Midas but none of them will do a custom exhaust which really shocked me. They are all willing to install EST, Elevate or any other kit I bring in but don't want to do a custom job. I must be looking in the wrong shops ? Thanks again !

·
Registered
725 Posts
Dont u have a quick muffler in vancouver? I know here in toronto they do a custom job. Theres gotta be someone there who can do a custom job.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont u have a quick muffler in vancouver? I know here in toronto they do a custom job. Theres gotta be someone there who can do a custom job.
Hey fellow Canuck, no we don't have a Quick Muffler in Van. We have quite a few chains/franchises but it's unreal no body is willing to touch it. They all talk about factory settings matched to the ecu etc. It's unbelievable, I remember the good old days 1970's when you could pull into any muffler shop and get headers, custom duals, glass pack mufflers etc. Yeah, I'm an old guy, that was my 1975 Camaro, back in the bolt on engine parts days !

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi! Well all i can say is try and avoid going to midas or any place like such. Unless if u really trust them. I know i never would!lol im sure u can find a reputable shop that can do a custom exhaust there. My suggestion is maybe contact RPI equipped, there are located in BC and maybe they can recommend a good shop for u. Otherwise u just do some research and im sure ull find one. Try and find a performance store in your area and just ask for recommendation.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thanks for you comments. I just started looking into a mod for my exhaust and have checked out EST, Elevate and Vida, did you consider any of these systems ? I also checked out a few mainstream exhaust shops up here in Vancouver Canada e.g. Midas but none of them will do a custom exhaust which really shocked me. They are all willing to install EST, Elevate or any other kit I bring in but don't want to do a custom job. I must be looking in the wrong shops ? Thanks again !
I looked into the elevate system but it was too expensive for me. I think the only kit I would get would be the ipd R oval catback. But I went with custom because it was cheaper I spend in total about 650 for my turbo back exhaust custom made with mandrel bends and using high quality parts. Just search around theres got to be someone around willing to make a custom exhaust for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked into the elevate system but it was too expensive for me. I think the only kit I would get would be the ipd R oval catback. But I went with custom because it was cheaper I spend in total about 650 for my turbo back exhaust custom made with mandrel bends and using high quality parts. Just search around theres got to be someone around willing to make a custom exhaust for a reasonable price.
Thanks for the input. What exactly does the Snagg Intake do ? I've been wanting to ask but didn't want to appear to be too much of a Noob. LOL !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I meant Snabb Intake !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts