SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mudflap Install Questions

Hello All,

There are a few older threads that are 2-3 years old regarding this, but I did not see an answer to my questions. Hopefully someone who has done this can chime in.

1) The rears come with six screws to use but the fronts don't come with any. I have no choice but to reuse the front torx screws over again. Does anyone else find it odd that they supply screws for the rears but not the fronts?

2) I have seen numerous pics of the mudflaps installed and what concerns me is the fact that the plastic outside piece rest against the paint. It would seem that over time the plastic would rub/damage the paint because of the wind from driving or dirt/sand will get in between the plastic and cause issues. Has anyone seen this happen and if so, is there some sort of tape to put between the plastic and paint to prevent rubbing?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
888 Posts
2) One can buy and apply PPF (paint protection film) to be the sacrificial surface. On Amazon (USA) it probably would run ~$50. Sand definitely gets in there.

While you're at it why not PPF the entire car? :) That's what I did - really.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I've had them. On for 3yrs with no rubbing/friction marks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That is good to know..... I was going to apply some paint protection film on the side, as the other member suggests. I have not installed them yet. I just held them up in place and the plastic outer edge resting against the outer wheel well had me concerned.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Search in Volvo accessories site and you will find exact installation instructions model specific.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

Same here.
And I also want to say they are badly needed. This vehicle sprays a lot onto the backdoors and rear panels otherwise.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes, when I bought my 2017 I had them throw them in with the deal. Did the same thing when I bought my 2020. I always try to negotiate the best deal I can and at the very last second when I know that I'm there I say okay throw in the mud flaps and install them and we have a deal... They always agree.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts