SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my pet peeves is parts of a car body that are black rubber/plastic and don't match the body color. Does anybody know if there are any options for body colored mudflaps? I guess I could always get a body shop to paint them, but in my experience they start chipping over time and look even worse.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put my mudflaps (blakc ones) on yesterday, my XC90 is ice white, I thought it would be nice to also have ice white on the mud flaps as well, but then I figured it would just defeat the purpose (to protect the paint), the tires are black anyway.

Mudflaps are also for safety reasons, so that the car leaves less mist behind it on a raining day, hopefully, it helps reduces the chance having an accident.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put my mudflaps (blakc ones) on yesterday, my XC90 is ice white, I thought it would be nice to also have ice white on the mud flaps as well, but then I figured it would just defeat the purpose (to protect the paint), the tires are black anyway.

Mudflaps are also for safety reasons, so that the car leaves less mist behind it on a raining day, hopefully, it helps reduces the chance having an accident.
Do you mind posting a side profile picture of the whole vehicle? My crystal white is coming in 2 months.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Do you mind posting a side profile picture of the whole vehicle? My crystal white is coming in 2 months.
Check out B-1's post at http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?233426-B-1-s-XC-90-Thread/page3&highlight=Mud+flaps. B-1 has ice white.

I was initially concerned too but ultimately agreed with other posters that black mud flaps with the black tires and wheel wells are fine. I was more concerned about the tow hitch cover being black plastic which I ultimately deleted from my order for multiple reasons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How Effective are the mud flaps?

Hey there - I'm hoping you who have the mudflaps installed on your XC90s can tell me how effective they are? I have customer who is interested in the mud flaps for her XC90 because the alley behind her house is very muddy. She drives through the alley at 5-10mph but the side of her vehicle keeps getting muddy. Do you think the Volvo mud flaps will do the job?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.