SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just found this when installing towing hitch. The left rear mud flap edge left white marks on bumper over along the edge. Touch the bumper cover with finger and I can feel it is scratched.
It could be due to the shake of mud flap at speed. Seems the edge is not smooth enough or it was installed too tight. Or maybe some hard water was trapped there and dried inside it. Right side is fine. Mud flaps were installed at FDC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Where my rear mudflaps meet my bumper, I have slight scratches into the paint as I believe there was some “grit” between the two and has caused wear as sand paper would. Don’t plan on removing my mudflaps, but wish I would of put some protective clear wrap around that area first.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where my rear mudflaps meet my bumper, I have slight scratches into the paint as I believe there was some “grit” between the two and has caused wear as sand paper would. Don’t plan on removing my mudflaps, but wish I would of put some protective clear wrap around that area first.
yeh, some clear 3M tape before installing mud flaps would be great there. Lesson learned.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Just found this when installing towing hitch. The left rear mud flap edge left white marks on bumper over along the edge. Touch the bumper cover with finger and I can feel it is scratched.
It could be due to the shake of mud flap at speed. Seems the edge is not smooth enough or it was installed too tight. Or maybe some hard water was trapped there and dried inside it. Right side is fine. Mud flaps were installed at FDC.
You're always welcome in the spa xc90 section of course :) , but just to be sure, are you talking about your spa xc60 or xc90?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts