SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before:

After:

3 very light coats of VHT night shades with a couple of extra passes over the clear section of the light. Followed by 2 lights coats and one medium coat of clear coat. The clear coat immediately hazed and I was pretty choked but it mostly clearded as it dried. What did not clear as it dried I managed to clear by giving them a good polish with some Mothers wax. So all good in the end! And HUGE improvement on the looks of the car! (in my humble opinion) Night shades is tricky stuff though. hard to get even coats. Even if you look really close at mine you can see a bit of spottiness. This means that if you are trying to do light coats it is hard to make them look even. If you are after a really dark shade this is probably the product for you. I landed somewhere in the middle. Im happy :cool:

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Glad you like it. Personally I never understand why someone would tint tails, aside from the obvious aesthetics of it.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I really like the look of lightly tinted tails and side markers, as for the po-po - they no likey.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the look of lightly tinted tails and side markers, as for the po-po - they no likey.
Yea im sort of worried about that but around these parts it seems like they dont go after you for that kind of stuff very much unless they pulled you over for something else and you are acting like a jerk. And if they do give you something its usually a VI, or vehicle inspection, which means you have to change the problem and then go show them you fixed it, so worst case scenario i will have to clean it all off.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Just like me, papa is proud :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts